Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Suzuki Gsx-R 750
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 1994 Suzuki Gsxr 750W right to the chase .. It sat for a couple years in a garage first start had to be done from a car battery was too dead once started it ran rough but had an idle I myself know a little bit about a lot so I then knew I had to change the spark plug and wires (well coil pack things) and also clean carburetors and get a new battery.. Went to the local advanced auto ordered the parts and luckily got them the same day, installed everything new as I took out the old and the bike started great really strong so it was time for a ride. The ride lasted maybe 8 mins parked the bike few hours later decided to take it out fr this time. As I turned on the bike and went to start it the starter sounded like it was grinding on something so from there I went straight in took out the starter and bought a new one put it in and still did the same thing, so then I thought well maybe it’s the starters clutch so I took off the cover and my starter clutch wasn’t bad but there was 2 gears on the backside of my clutch basket and one was broken right where the starter clutch would engage it unfortunately advanced couldn’t help this time had to order off eBay so I ordered a new starter clutch and clutch basket installed everything triple checked it and still my starter has a grinding sound and the bike won’t starter I thought drifting slightly while down shifting would knock the starter clutch or flywheel loose and now the bike won’t go into neutral.. I have a manual sent in mail but I’m kinda impatient.
Has anyone ever had this issue or know a solution to my problem

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Basic diagnosis required. Take out all the sparks plugs, and remove the ignition cover (right side). Rotate the engine clockwise to see if the engine is binding. If it binds remove the clutch completely and try rotating again.
If it is free find the problem with the transmission side. Try rotating the gearbox shafts in neutral. Check that the oil pump rotates freely. Check that the starter rotates freely.
If it still binds you have a serious problem within the engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts