Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine are bent pretty bad, I need both front tubes for a '90 GSXR750, if anyone has any get ahold of me with a price, thanks

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
For the price of the tubes you might be able to get a set of forks on ebay.

Where in Wisconsin are you? I'm in Madison.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a search on E-bay and all I could find was a set of tubes for an '86/'87 and I don't think those are the same size as mine, I just stared looking though, so I'm sure a set will show up sooner or later
I'm in Black River Falls, about 1 3/4hrs. up I-94 from Madison(depends on how fast you drive!), theres about 8 of us, sometimes more,sometimes less, that ride around in our little group here, but we're always looking for other people to ride with
We don't get down by madison much, but we hang out in the Dells quite a bit

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
My best friend lives over in Medford. He's got a 1999 ZRX-1100. I do get up there a few times a year.

The fork tubes on ebay are probably not gonna work on your USD's. You might give Traxion Dynamics or Lindemann's a call. They could prolly repair it and get you dialed in too.

Keep in touch.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man, that's quite a little hike from madison to Medford, we head up that way sometimes too, I lived in Wausau years and years ago, my wife is from there and has family there, it's a pretty fun town
I found out those tubes won't work too, mine are conventional but I need some from a '89/'90, I guess they lengthened the tubes in '89 to try to gain ground clearance so anything earlier than that would be shorter than mine and in '91 they went to the upside-downs
I thought about trying to have them straightened, but one of them is bent so bad it has a small crease in it, funny thing is I've been riding it like that for years, the front rim was bent when I bought it, so I replaced that and it handled just fine, I've had it 150mph and raced around all kinds of corners, it's never acted funny, I had the bike apart this winter and decided to change the fork seals because one was leaking a little oil and noticed how bent they were, I couldn't believe it, the one with the crease was bent so bad you could see it with just your eye, didn't need a straight edge
but anyhow,if you run across someone who has a set let me know
later...

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Just soptted a set of USD on E-by from a 91 750 including triples starting at 199.00! Item number is 1804079365 I was going to pick them up just because they are complete and cheap. Sounds like its time to upgrade! The 91-92 ever have the right steering stops and slip right in! I have a set of 93 750 USD's (I paid 300.00) on my 88 7-11 and even though they weigh 7lbs more they are much stiffer. I can't believe that you would get up to 150 on bent forks! That would be hairy!
Bones

1 - 6 of 6 Posts