Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 gxsr 600

I need to replace my clutch, and by what by buddy says...... a clutch fork (cause it's bent)

I have never replaced a clutch on a bike before (just cars) so I was wondering if anybody has a "HOW-To" thread, or link that explains on how to change it.
I just orderd a manual from suzuki (cause apparently, my year they don't make a generic manual. so i got to go OEM) cost me $75 and wont be hear for about 2-3 weeks they say. and since the weather is nice still. I want to try and get my bike back up before it strts rainin.

TIA.
Mike

·
Registered
78 Posts
Savage600 said:
2000 gxsr 600

I need to replace my clutch, and by what by buddy says...... a clutch fork (cause it's bent)

I have never replaced a clutch on a bike before (just cars) so I was wondering if anybody has a "HOW-To" thread, or link that explains on how to change it.
I just orderd a manual from suzuki (cause apparently, my year they don't make a generic manual. so i got to go OEM) cost me $75 and wont be hear for about 2-3 weeks they say. and since the weather is nice still. I want to try and get my bike back up before it strts rainin.

TIA.
Mike

What gives you, or your buddy, the idea that your bike's "clutch fork" is bent?

Changing a clutch isn't too bad...pop the bolts out, remove the basket, repack the basket, including new springs, re-install basket, check cable movement, close back up.

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
Tell your buddy he has no idea what the hell he is talking about. No such thing as s clutch fork.

Like turbo said, it's pretty straightforward.

PM me and i'll give you exactly what you need!

Good luck!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It was actually the clutch rods. it's number 14, 15, and 23 that needs to be replaced. along with a clutch. I was going to try and get a clutch 2day. but not sure which one to get.

I'm not going to be racing, or stunting. just riding hard when we all go out.
so which clutch would u recommend??
I went onto www.indysuperbikes.com and was looking at the barnett high perf. clutch, or the DP street clutch.

Attachments

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
stock one, i got one for $85 off of wera with 100miles on it.

and when u replace a clutch, replace the whole thing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got the whole clutch kit. (friction plates, springs etc) and the 2 rods (#14,15)with seal (#23). (because the rods were slightly bent) is there anything in the diagram I should get?? that doesn't come with the clutch kit????

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
You will have to split the engine case to replace #23!!!!

Where did you get kit from? How much?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bagherra said:
You will have to split the engine case to replace #23!!!!

Where did you get kit from? How much?
R u serious? I thought that seal was the seal that goes on the rod?

and I am getting the EBC clutch kit from santa clara cycle. for about $100 +tax
which I think is a good deal. cause everyone else was charging like $120-130

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
When you remove your sprocket cover, the first clutch push rod is what you see sticking out. The seal that it goes into is #23.

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
Nope, that's it.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
OK - WAIT... Something's not right here.

How in God's green earth did you damage the clutch pushrods? And not just one pushrod... both???? I've yet to see that happen. And I can't imagine how it possibly could happen. The outer pushrod - maybe if you threw a chain and it ripped it out. But the throwout rod? No way.

Honestly bro... I would get a second opinion. I don't think your friend is qualified to be diagnosing problems with your bike. Just my .02.

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
he's got a point. When you get everything apart, take a GOOD look at everything.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LeanAngle said:
OK - WAIT... Something's not right here.

How in God's green earth did you damage the clutch pushrods? And not just one pushrod... both???? I've yet to see that happen. And I can't imagine how it possibly could happen. The outer pushrod - maybe if you threw a chain and it ripped it out. But the throwout rod? No way.

Honestly bro... I would get a second opinion. I don't think your friend is qualified to be diagnosing problems with your bike. Just my .02.
he's not sure that both are bent. he knows that one is (I believe the inner one) I just want to get both just incase. and if the outer one isn't damaged. I might just replace it anyway. cause it's only like $15

and Im gonna take some pics with my phone 2day. and post them up 2nite.
cause everything will be here tuesday. and I have tuesday off. So I'm gonna swap it all out then.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am going through the same thing on my 2002 GSXR 1000. I tried to pry it out, but it didn't work. I just pulled the motor out and I'm gonna have to split the cases. It's not that hard, just alittle work.

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
jdeax82 said:
I am going through the same thing on my 2002 GSXR 1000. I tried to pry it out, but it didn't work. I just pulled the motor out and I'm gonna have to split the cases. It's not that hard, just alittle work.
Are you talking about the clutch pushrod seal?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.