Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone...

i know this has been discussed before, but the search is taking forever. i have to get my bike out of my shop today and i need a bike cover 'cause it's suppose to rain. i wanted to go today at lunch and buy one, but i need some suggestions of where to get one and what to get.

thank you!

p.s. i've got about four hours...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
aight...found two places that have bike covers...but i need to know what to look for. i don't want to get a p.o.s. cover cause my bike will be outside the whole time in the elements. things i'm thinking...elastic at the bottom...and...duh...that's it. i found at two different places the covers run about $75-$80. good?

thanks everyone.

·
Registered
436 Posts
i never leave my bike in the rain or outside! if the cover isnt breatheable...condinsation will hurt it just as much as the rain...remember to uncover it when the weather is nice!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so i got a bike cover and put it on...the stupid thing was ripped out of the box, but no big deal...i'll get another one end of this week...BUT!!! i went out to ride my gixxer and had to "peel off" the cover from my bike! something in the cover must have reactivated the paint and glued itself to the right faring.
now my new paint job looks like ass and everyone keeps asking me how i dumped it...grrrr!!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bobbycheet,

yeah, man. i put a coat of polish on it and it was not touchy at the time i put the cover on. i can't put wax on it for a few months, cause the paint needs to breath. putting wax on it will possibly cause the paint to bubble. that's what i don't understand. the paint was fine...until the cover went on. i can't repaint it, cause i'm out of my custom color i used...i'm hoping i can wet sand the cover off the faring and buff it back out, but i don't know. just dissapointing!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah, found out the problem today...i went back to 'auto colour' (who sold me the paint). they told me what happened, and are going to mix me some new paint...reimburse me for the decals...and i'm going to have them paint it. hopefully it will be 'right' this time.

thanks for the input bobbychet!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.