Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, just registered here & have a few questions so i hope some 1 can help me out.

1st of all i've got 2 gixxers 750Y 1 for racing around & the other is a street-fighter, my question is i installed a yoshi full system on & it worked fine with 1 of the bikes,but when i installed it on the other my radiator started leaking so, checked it & found out that the header # 3 melted part of the radiator even though i did install the 2 washers that came with the system, so i was wondering if it is possible to cover the headers with a exhaust wrap so it doesnt melt my other radiator?

2nd i skidded over a man-hole cover while taking a 85 degree angle corner, so ended up sliding 2wards a pavement which resulted in bending my frame from the upper forks, nothing major happened 2 the bike except the frame bending backwards a few milli's from the top, so my question is shell i fix the frame or just change the whole thing?

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Superbike racing

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive exhaust

·
Premium Member
2,426 Posts
you can cover the headers. but people say the wrap holds in moister too much and wears the headers down faster. i've never wrapped any so i''m not sure on how much faster it will corrode them.

change the frame if u can afford it. are you sure the forks aren't tweaked? i would guess they would go before the frame.

·
Registered
102 Posts
change the frame and make sure the forks diddnt take a hit to. if u bend the frame back it will create a weak spot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.