Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a 2002 Model GSX-R1000 and have just fitted a Titanium Yoshimura RS3 bolt on muffler and a K&N air filter on the first service.

Would anyone know if I should get the fuel system re-mapped or does it re-map itself?

It does seem to have lost a bit of sharpness below 4000 RPM.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
Deej

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Even stock bikes could use a remap. I don't know about emissions over in OZ, but they are getting strict here. Suzuki leans out the bikes from the factory so they will pass emissions. Adding a pipe makes them leaner.

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
Just
in your throttle bodies and everything will be fine

Yeah you are in the wrong forum go to the MAIN PAGE then point to the 1000 forum or the General Bike Talk forum.

There are a couple guys from Perth on the site so Welcome

This forum is all about jokes

jontflesh

·
Registered
119 Posts
I remap my injectors every ride. I just draw a map of where I want to go (or use a real one, if I have one) and shove it in behind the intake. Works good...I haven't gotten lost yet. Well, there was that once.

·
Registered
617 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> I remap my injectors every ride. I just draw a map of where I want to go (or use a real one, if I have one) and shove it in behind the intake. Works good...I haven't gotten lost yet. Well, there was that once. <hr></blockquote>

LitreGixxer, I gagged on some soda while reading this.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DeejGSXR:
Doh! Sorry fellas.

Umm ok Jokes.....umm.....a duck walks into a bar....
<hr></blockquote>

ouch, he says, it was an iron bar

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DeejGSXR:
Hi

I have a 2002 Model GSX-R1000 and have just fitted a Titanium Yoshimura RS3 bolt on muffler and a K&N air filter on the first service.

Would anyone know if I should get the fuel system re-mapped or does it re-map itself?

It does seem to have lost a bit of sharpness below 4000 RPM.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
Deej
<hr></blockquote>

No doubt, Thomas Bros. is the best mapping created. Buy a copy,
on it, and insert it in the trunk. This should cure any re-mapping issues. The new HUD Iridium GPS Sheild Helmets are great too...they will perfectly match the terrain in front of you. Good Luck & Welcome Aboard!

·
Registered
26,441 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by LitreGixxer:
I remap my injectors every ride. I just draw a map of where I want to go (or use a real one, if I have one) and shove it in behind the intake. Works good...I haven't gotten lost yet. Well, there was that once.<hr></blockquote>

So that's how the shops do it. I wondered that. Cool! I can draw pretty good! Thnaks guys, I'll go and try.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts