Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only been riding street for about 1 1/2 years and I feel like it is time to upgrade my powerband. When I raced motocross, my mechanic told me I have the yellow band in my bike which is the 3rd strongest.

red
orange
yellow
green
blue

When I was drag racing a '02' gix 750 this weekend my friend said he saw a blue flame come out of my pipe at the end of the track. I think this means I have a blue band.

Does anybody know where to find a red one so I can compete with the new fuel injected 750's
Please post a URL or phone number or something

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have all color powerbands available. Just e-mail me and I'll give you the address to send the money to (cashier's checks only). They are only $3,650.50 each, or save money and get 2 for $10,800.00. Buy a red one for everyday use and a green one for trackdays. I only have one red one left, so you'd better hurry. I also have powerband oil available for $500.00 a quart (you need 15 quarts to change the powerband) as well as high speed powerband bearings for $300.00 each (12 required). No Tax and Free shipping. Please allow 6 to 8 years for delivery.

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts
Not to burst your bubble Joe, but I think that you are forgetting about a couple of things if you are going to start changin power bands.

1. Power Band Installation Alignment Tool - $779.95
2. Full Power Band Maintenence Kit - 1229.99
3. Power Band Decals for the Faring - $3209.50

If nothing else, you really better spend the money on the decals.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Are you going to go with the automatic power band tensioner or the manual??

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
I hope your using the newer type kevlar reinforced power bands, it's a nasty sight when a cheap powerband goes pop!

·
Registered
119 Posts
OK...I have put together a special package just for you. I will ship you 2 powerbands, one red one and one green one (with free upgrade to Kevlar), the bearings, the powerband oil and all the special tools for the one-time-only special package price of only $63,995.58. No Tax and No Shipping Charges! And that's not all!!! You would think that with a deal that good, that would be all you would get! But, you would be wrong! If you act within the next 30 minutes, I'll also send you FREE OF CHARGE!!! One new set of Titanium Muffler Bearings, One quart of heavy duty blinker oil, a muffler smoke recovery kit, a roadside tire retread kit, and for the missus, a set of designer stairway scotches. Act now!!! Time is running out!!! Call 1 800 YOU IDIOT now!!

·
Registered
782 Posts
As you can see my old bike was an RZ250/350, just wondering if there is any chance I can take the powerband out of the rz and fit it on the Gixxer?? Does anyone know if the two makes are copatible and if will need new gaskets to go on??

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes, it can be done with my 2-stroke to 4-stroke powerband conversion kit. It is recommended that you upgrade the powerband when you do..for instance, if you are running a red powerband in your RZ, then when you install it in the GSXR, it should be green. You can just color it with magic markers. This kit sells for $395.00 and includes the markers.

There are a few side effects that should be noted from this change:

1. The bike will smoke slightly and the exhaust note will change. It will only be running on 2 cylinders, but this is normal. The other 2 become spares.

2. The flow of air around the bike will change significantly. This will make it difficult for other riders to draft you (mostly because they pass will you too quickly), and it makes it impossible to fly kites behind the bike without my special Kite adapter. ($499.95)

3. Squirrels will be much more fascinated with your bike than before and will frequently chase you down and bite at the tires. There is nothing at this point that can be done to correct this, but I am working on a squirrel repellent attachment. Attaching a small propeller to the top of your helmet is said to be of some help, but this hasn't been proven in testing yet.

4. Because of the change in performance, you will need to disconnect the front brake, or just remove the lever. To make up for the loss of braking power, you will have to use some sort of parachute to help slow the bike. A Wal-Mart bag and some string works well.

A lot of research has gone into this by a highly regarded Suzuki Performance Engineer (me). I spent considerable money on research materials (beer)during the course of the development of these modifications. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go take my medicine.

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Micron is working on some ultra violet power band to go on top of the existing power bands. People will think that you are running standard power bands because the Micron bands are not visible to the bare eye. You need a black light to see them.

They should be ready in a few weeks. They have had good success with a set that they built for the 929. They say their bands will give 10% more than anything else on the market.

[ 09-16-2002, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: Kennedy ]

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
A mate of mine is colourblind, how will he know if he is getting the right colour powerband, do they have markings on them?

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Originally posted by gsxrboy:
A mate of mine is colourblind, how will he know if he is getting the right colour powerband, do they have markings on them?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes, but your mate will need to learn how to read Braille lettering. Each different Powerband has Braille lettering on it to identify which band it is for blind riders. Not many people know that it was actually Ray Charles who took many of the Powerband manufacturers to court (back in June 1994 I think it was - correct me if I am wrong) because of this discrimination. It was eventually settled out of court for an undisclosed sum and an agreement that all Powerbands produced would carry this Braille lettering as standard.

[ 09-19-2002, 01:34 AM: Message edited by: Woodster ]

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Originally posted by Woodster:
Yes, but your mate will need to learn how to read Braille lettering. Each different Powerband has Braille lettering on it to identify which band it is for blind riders. Not many people know that it was actually Ray Charles who took many of the Powerband manufacturers to court (back in June 1994 I think it was - correct me if I am wrong) because of this discrimination. It was eventually settled out of court for an undisclosed sum and an agreement that all Powerbands produced would carry this Braille lettering as standard.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ah yes I remember that know, that was hot on the heals of his bust up with pepsi, he wanted out of that contract cause the girls in the adverts were all lesbian and he could give them one, this after it was written into his contract, and the strengthening done to the piano legs... its all coming back to me now..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts