Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, it's about that time for a new motor! My 96 750 needs a good used motor....if any of you guys can help me out, please respond to this. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
u got PM!

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Hey unless you get a really kick ass deal, you can bring me (or ship if you like) the motor... and nor about the same price you pick up a used motor, I can build your like new again and have it last longer then a used one.

John

·
Registered
391 Posts
Originally posted by GSXR-Freak:
Hey unless you get a really kick ass deal, you can bring me (or ship if you like) the motor... and nor about the same price you pick up a used motor, I can build your like new again and have it last longer then a used one.

John
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm interested in that.... i have a 97 750 that i would like to freshen up.
how much we talking about?
Email me @ [email protected]

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Well do you want just the top end or do you want the whole motor?? That is the big question...

John

·
Registered
391 Posts
i would like the whole thing rebuilt...
but if you could give me prices for each that would be cool cause if i cant do 1 I'll probbably do the other.

thx in advance...

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Well it would normaly cost you about 250 in parts to rebuild the top end.. If there is nothing wrong with the motor.. That would be things like new head and base gasket, rigns and anything else i can not think of right now. lol

For the whole motor it is normaly about 700-800 buck in parts. It really comes down to how picky you are about replacing things...

If you have more then 15 K miles and you are in the motor I would put a new timing chain in it.. They are about 100 bucks...

Think about a manual CCT if you have not done it.. (50 bucks or so)

That is all parts.. no labor.. But the motor goes back like new when you first got it..

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts