Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't reasonant Freq BTW. It's his brother. I'm posting because he's at work right now.

Anyways...we don't have a maunal yet and we need to figure out the best way to lube a push pull throttle cable on the bike. I had a FZR with the single throttle cable, so I'm not sure how this one works, lubewise.

Also, the previous owner has some crazy HUGE sprocket on the rear and the bike tops out real low, we need to know the stock rear sprocket size and if you know the front, that would be good so we could check that too.

Thanks a lot.

ronnie

·
Registered
82 Posts
i'll go check on my 87 for ya, i'll have it up tomorrow afternoon if somebody hasn't already beat me to it. what does the bike top out at? i might be willing to swap my sprockets for yours if you want to go back to original.

rock on
-wil

·
Registered
434 Posts
dont know about an 85 but would think its the same as my 86 which stock is a 14/42 of which I changed to a 14/45 which works a lot better than stock. As to lubing the throttle take the cables off at the carb end and run a good penitrating oil in and work the cables back and forth also check for kinks at the carb end as it will effect the return.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
15/44 is working just fine on my RG. It still hits the rev limiter in sixth, but it works.

I lubricate my cables with this item... the cable is inserted into the lower end and the rubber around it is claped by the siver knob on the right. The red line is from the oil spray I use and I just plug it in and spray. It makes a mess but it does go out the other end of the cable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts