Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a dirt cheap '87 1100 and want to transplant the motor to my '89 750. My race class has 1 rule, 10 years old or older, so it isn't really cheating. I'm tired of being out horsepowered and having to make it up in the turns. What do I need to know about the switch? Will the '87 wire harness hook up to the switches, alternator, and starter? Will it fit under the tank? Airbox or pods? Valve adjust? I looked through all 57 pages of AO mods, but might have missed something when my eyes got fuzzy. Thanks for any help.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
It will bolt in using the 750 mounts. As you are putting it in a 89 (like My 88 7-11) you may have problems with the tank but it is a easy fix... In the front pop off the rubber mount that the tank slips over and turn it over, it is about 10mm taller that way. Just use washers under the rear (I used alum) to raise the rear. If you are racing I would switch to a Dyna ign box and just use the starter switch to start and the engine cut off to power up a the ign hot for the Dyna and the starter relay. I use this type of set up on mine but the cut off powers up a relay as mine needs a headlight and turn signals.
Bones

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Bones-

I am doing almost exactly the same thing but with an 87 1100 engine and an 88 750 frame, do you have a website or some pictures that describe your ordeal???

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have it on the website yet but I will. wvroadracers.com is where it will be. I need a starter clutch for the 1100. Any help?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts