Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello- I have the cases split on my 1127 and the trtansmission is basically fucked. It was the classic 2nd gear deal but after looking at everything else i am now in the market for a complete tranny- Anyone have one and how much?. I am also going to put in new rod/main bearings while i'm at it so where is the best place to get them? They are standard size/green i think. Code aaa-aba. I seem to remember that a member on here had a complete 1127 engine that was disassembled with a new set of bearings for sale. Anyone remember who that was as i might just buy it instead. As always any and all help is much appreciated. Jake

·
Registered
29 Posts
i dunno if the trannies are the same or not.. but i have a 750 tranny thats a 92, its still in the motor, but the motor has a bad rod bearing and a bad piston, but i would prolly sell it for 350+shipping or i could meet you with it since your in iowa... the tranny is undercut, and when was taken out of the last bike it was in worked flawlessly

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
Jhendrix, it was more than 2nd and 5th and forks? What else did it take? WN the 750 is a six speed and the 1100 a 5 sp. You can swap them with enough parts, but there are strength issues to consider. Troy341

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey- Thanks a bunch!! I have e-mailed to see if he still had it. My 2nd and 5th are shit- only one shift fork looks bad. 3rd and matching gear is shit also-need main bearings bad but the crank did check out good..... Basically i need to either put a bunch of money in this motor or get another one and hopefully use the two to get one good usable motor. I am not looking for a ton of power just want something that is reliable and runs good in the end. Thanks again. Randy

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where are you at in Iowa? Not many of us around this forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts