Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking of picking up the zero gravit DB screen but i havent really seen many good shots of it mounted on a gsxr 750 (93 -95) if anyone has a pic could you post it up?

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Heres a better pic of front. I dont know what kinda mirrors they are . They were the only ones I had in the shop to put on. [image]
[/image]

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Street, what fabric is on the seats? and where did you get the frame sliders? nice bike.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just an FYI, 94-95 have a different windshield then the 92-93 bikes and they wont interchange without chopping them up a little.

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
Is that velvet covering your seats?
Nice touch! Where did you get the turn signal mirrors?

·
Registered
440 Posts
The rear seat was some kinda purple color before and purple not being my type of color I had my girl cover it. She used some type of all weather velvet and had it stitched. Im not sure where the mirrors came from they were sitting in my shop, most like from a wrecked or blown bike I worked on. Hey anybody by chance have the filler piece that fits in the upper fairing (left)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Frame sliders were from a swap I went to last year. Made the mounts to connect to the down tubes on the frame. Went down once in the drive and no damage. Side note NO KIDS IN YARD WHEN BIKES ARE OUT

·
Registered
252 Posts
Here is mine, another 95 750. It made a really big difference for me, though I find that without a tank bag, the regular windscreen is better. When I take my tank bag off the wind drops in behind the screen or something and feels like it's hitting me harder. But with the tank bag and the regular screen, I was getting wailed on right in the chest, which I didn't like. I'm really happy with the DB screen.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Kaneda, i like the look of your bike. is that flat black? how did you get it like that. looks really nice.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Thanks ChrAJohns. It is indeed flat black, I used Krylon's Ultra-Flat black right out of the rattle can. I put in a lot of effort into prep (everything in painting is prep) to have it come out nicely. I sanded a lot and used two coats of primer, then two to three coats of paint on top. Those are recent pics so the paint is about a year and 5 months old there. It faded a bit and in one or two spots. But, overall it looks awesome, especially if you're more than a foot away from the bike, =P

I didn't clear coat it at all to keep it nice and flat. You can use a Satin coat and it stays sorta matte, but the big perk to no clear coat is that if anything gets messed up, you can paint part of it without redoing an entire piece, or doing prep. The new paint blends right in with the old, it's awesome.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thats it my mind is made up! im gonna buy one, thanks for the pics guys....

hey street howd ya mount those sliders? what bike were they orininaly for?

·
Registered
440 Posts
I think they were for an R6, not sure. I had the mounts made at work. Solid 2" aluminum notched and miiled to fit the down tubes, drilled center to accept the mounting bolt. Epoxy the sliders to the alum. A little shaving here and the to fit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts