Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A buddy that lives near Pocono wanted to do his first track day & it seems like everyone has pulled out of Pocono Raceway. The last I knew they had put in a whole new road course, but I have never seen the new one, or ridden on it. I know the old track was not too awesome, it was more like a motard track. I'm assuming maybe the new track has no runoffs or maybe was otherwise not bike friendly/safe??

Thanks.

·
Deceptively fast Bob...
20,181 Posts
No org does Pocono anymore, because registrations were way low ... it eats tires and the transition between the sections are like jumps. I'd never go back there. Going on the banking was fun, though.

Safety, I never concern myself with that stuff, although I should considering how much I crash...

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks Bob, like I said, I had never been on the new track. I had raced at the old track several times back in the old days. I always thought their whole facility was very bike unfriendly, including their staff. It was always like they were doing bikes a favor by letting us race there.

I was last there for a track day about 5 years back & it was awful, you had to remember where all the fucked up parts were & make sure to avoid them, crappy patches, holes, cracks, rather than just run the track. No curbing, terrible run offs. The banking was always fun though, like you said.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts