Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,440 Posts
I haven't been able to do any TD's this year. Taxes last year and starting to build a house pretty much erased any hope. The weather looks like it's going to be perfect..... wish I was there with you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Weather was amazing. I ran 2:06 on Saturday. Lowsided in 1 Sunday second session missed 1 session ran some 2:05s. Can't wait until next year!

·
13,440 Posts
I don't remember what my best lap there was. I think it was a 2:10. That smooth surface is a whole different animal than Putnam. What are you calling T1? The right into the chicane, or that first right after pit out?

·
Registered
70 Posts
The chicane is 1A and 1B. The first right hander as you are coming onto the track after pit out would be T2.

·
13,440 Posts
Some people count differently for trackdays, so I wanted to make sure. I don't know why people can't understand that pit-out can be after the first turn.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah, I've been there. A ton of people were calling T2, T1 because our pit out was straight into T2.
Kind of understandable, but usually, the Turn numbers are assigned in relationship to the Start/Finish line, which is on the front straightaway and before the chicane.....thus the chicane is 1A and 1B.

·
13,440 Posts
Yeah I get it. I just wanted to fully understand where the OP crashed. I almost wadded up on the brakes in 1A myself last year. Bailed out and ran straight and blended back in. I also saw a couple people lose it in T2 and either lowside or run off. If the OP did go down in 1A, I'm glad he's ok.... not a good place to go.

Just realized... my avatar is from that day in T8. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah I get it. I just wanted to fully understand where the OP crashed. I almost wadded up on the brakes in 1A myself last year. Bailed out and ran straight and blended back in. I also saw a couple people lose it in T2 and either lowside or run off. If the OP did go down in 1A, I'm glad he's ok.... not a good place to go.

I knew that you got it, I was posting and put the map up for others that may not have known what the layout and turn numbers are. I'll be there this weekend with STT. It's our final NCM of the 2016 season. I love that track, I just need to get my rear tire tearing issue figured out. T5 is brutal on the right side of the tire for me. I'm going to try and build a tire pressure/tire temperature database for the Power Cup Evo.

·
13,440 Posts
Yeah, T5 is fast. Almost fast enough to make T6 scary. On my first few laps, T12 almost got me. Glad they have some asphalt outside the curbing.....

·
Registered
70 Posts
I agree. If you are going to be fast through T5, you'd better be very good/smooth on the brakes for T6. Did mention that I LOVE that track. I also really love the short straight before coming into T10....it's a great "on the brakes" passing zone. Damn, now I can't hardly wait until Sat. and Sunday.

·
13,440 Posts
T15 is a great passing zone too. People chicken out and slow down because going uphill and they know T16 is coming. By the end of the day, people in front of me were braking right after 15 and I'm thinking "what the fuck are you doing?"

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Sorry haven't got on here in a while . It was actually in 1b. Nice soft lowside. Only missed one session.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts