Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had a nice day minus the little spill I had. The weather was a little cool but NO rain!!

I was starting to get faster/pick up the pace when I decided to take a corner a little harder and faster then I should have!! The tell tale sign should have been me constantly grinding my footpeg but as always I decided to throw caution to the wind and go for it and the result was a footpeg that lost about an inch in length, a broken reaset, busted clutch lever and bent vortex bar/clipon insert and I can't forget the hole in my leathers!!! So I made out ok, I found a shop with the clutch lever, a racer with the clipon/bar insert and used a set of my Gilles rearsets(spares for the GSXR 1K) on my SV!!

The first time on that track was deffenitly interesting!! Wow that first corner
just comes out from NOWHERE!!! Very interesting track and fun!!!!

When I get done racing Sunday and if the wife allows me to spend some money I'll get some pictures!!

Take care,
Stefan

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
Peg grinding sounds like an improper raceset or suspension issues.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Or me just not hanging off enough!

I am still trying to figure out what "right" is for the SV!!!! My GSXR seemed a lot easier to set up but then I started from stock unlike the SV which had already been tinkered with prior to me buying it!!

I do agree that it is suspension issues, in conjunction with rider issues(been deployed to JRTC for the last month and haven't riden on a track since November so I'm a little rough!)!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts