Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well like i said before my 89 now has a vance and hines sidewinder on it............should i put the plastic back on or give her the "all motor look"............opinions please.......pics soon i promise

·
Registered
893 Posts
I like um with the plastic! I just got a full targa fiberglass fairing (700.00) and my paint job will be another 700.00. (ouch) That's how much I like the looks of the gixxers with the fairing.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
I have the luxury of having both a 88 7-11 and a 90 1100. The 88 is a Streetfighter and the 90 is stock fairings. The 88 is great as long as you do not go over about 120 then the wind gets so bad that its rough. The 90 is great for long rides or going fast (not that I ever go over 65) The 88 is lots of fun around town.
Just weigh your options and make your choice. I could still put all the stock bodywork back on as I did not cut any mounts off of the front but I would still need to weld a stock subframe back on.
Bones

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Depend on what you like I guess.
I like my fairings but when I take them off I often ponder around leaving them off for a while.

If I damage them one day to the point where they look crap I'll probably fighter it up and throw them away, sometimes it's better to feel the 'wind' at 120+ as with the fairing it's just far too easy to go too fast for your driving licence.

Andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts