Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
A mate gave me this the other day. Cash poor so just doing cheap stuff.
Engine internally in nice condition, same with box.
At the moment im thinking TZ replica. Time will tell.

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,742 Posts
Had a few beers so unstoppable . this is my pride and joy. I love it.

Big , slower than the 350's and 500 2T , but its my favourite. It's a tank.

Hey, another bike I crashed when I was a kid! Sort-of. The very first streetbike I ever tried was a 400-Four. It had a for sale sign on it and the seller was stupid enough to let a scrawny little 15 year old take it out for a test ride. I'll bet he didn't make that mistake twice.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well the rd track bike is crawling along, slowly. Having detabbed the frame now its time to adding bits to fit tank and seat. I'll add pics every now and then for anyone whos interested. I'll be to old to ride this thing when its done. ha

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Which smoker is your favorite?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Mate , The LC. About as quick as the H1 but in a different way if that makes sense (close ratio 6 speed box help. ). Got a bigger hit in the band and is feels as light as a feather. Still love the H1. cheers

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Sounds like a fun machine...I wish I had never sold my mint RG500

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'll go out on a limb here. As far as I'm concerned the RG500 is the must have 2T for the cashed up serious collector.
Beautiful bike. A mate down the road has a real minty mint one. They command serious money.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hey, another bike I crashed when I was a kid! Sort-of. The very first streetbike I ever tried was a 400-Four. It had a for sale sign on it and the seller was stupid enough to let a scrawny little 15 year old take it out for a test ride. I'll bet he didn't make that mistake twice.
My first street bike I rode was a cb100. Then had a blatt on a 400 four.. Like you , but lucky enough not to crash it. ha

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
I'll go out on a limb here. As far as I'm concerned the RG500 is the must have 2T for the cashed up serious collector.
Beautiful bike. A mate down the road has a real minty mint one. They command serious money.
When I was dating my wife in '97 all I talked about was somehow obtaining a Gamma. After years of hearing me whine ad moan,she surprised me after we returned from our honeymoon in '00 with a mint RG500 and even ordered me a set of Jolly Moto pipes from Italy...

I won't de-rail your thread any longer ;)

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,742 Posts
True story: This past January, an RG came-up for sale in Toronto for only $16K CAD, which per the ad, its cases had never been split.

The following week, someone offered to buy my car. I checked the ad for the RG but it was already gone. Of course.

I wish I wasn't so poor and could afford multiple toys like you guys. :crying

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
Just happened upon this thread...

Have you named your garage "The Benchmark Grotto?" You should.

That Honda 750 is pure sex. The other bikes are VERY nice, but the 750 would be the flagship of that collection, for sure.

Sorry to coo over the four-banger in your two-banger thread.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks everyone for comments. I don't mind anyone talking about 4T's or their bikes. It's what its all about. cheers

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
9 Participants
ken65
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing