Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,937 Posts
Those are in amazing shape. Thanks for sharing. There are in fact a handful of us here on this forum who are two stroke junkies so feel free share anytime. :cheers

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,742 Posts
Beautiful, just beautiful.

I think anyone over 40 out here is by default a 2-stroke lover. My main 2-stroke experience (motocross notwithstanding) was crashing a KH400 trying to get it started by towing it behind a pickup truck on a gravel driveway.

What's that parked beside the old gix? I can't put my finger on it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Wow, beautiful bikes. I have never ridden a two-stroke street bike, but love them off-road. It looks like you did an awesome job on them. Nice work!

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Beautiful, just beautiful.

I think anyone over 40 out here is by default a 2-stroke lover. My main 2-stroke experience (motocross notwithstanding) was crashing a KH400 trying to get it started by towing it behind a pickup truck on a gravel driveway.

What's that parked beside the old gix? I can't put my finger on it.
Looks like a 1st Gen R1?

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,742 Posts
Oh yeah... you can see it beside the H1 in the first pic. Not sure if R1 or the older YZF1000. I hated the twitchy on/off clutch on those.

Damn all your old bikes sure are cleeeeeaaaaaaan.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,843 Posts
Oh yeah... you can see it beside the H1 in the first pic. Not sure if R1 or the older YZF1000. I hated the twitchy on/off clutch on those.

Damn all your old bikes sure are cleeeeeaaaaaaan.
The front fairing says R1 above the headlight.

·
Super Moderator
14,937 Posts
Definitely a 98 R1. I was too busy looking at the Kawi to even notice another bike there. :wacko R1 looks clean too!

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Beautiful collection Ken65,I never rode the 500 but did take a short blast on a friends blue '72 750 H2 before he restored it. Fun bike.

I owned an '85 RG500 back in 2000,loved that bike but couldn't pass on the ridiculous cash offer someone made so I sold it

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the kind words fellas.
You's got the R1 right. First year 98. It's a beast.
Almost like a big 2 stroke with its power delivery.

·
Super Moderator
14,937 Posts
Bruh...you're killing us with the R1 now. :drool That's still one of my all time favorites from the 90s.. And bone fucking stock too? Never sell that! NEVAH! :cheers

·
Registered
523 Posts
Beauties Ken!

I had two H1 same color. Bought the first one new. Sold it and bought its twin later on. Got a little misty when I saw yours. That baby would wheelie like no one's business belching out a cloud of blue smoke. Gee ...to be young and dumb again.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bruh...you're killing us with the R1 now. :drool That's still one of my all time favorites from the 90s.. And bone fucking stock too? Never sell that! NEVAH! :cheers
Funny you should say that. A couple of months ago I put it on ebay. It met reserve in 45 minutes. in a few days had over a 1000 views . it got to alot more that what i paid for it ages ago and I had to apologise to all the bidders after i took it off ebay. I felt bad about it but in the end I just wasnt ready to part with it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Beauties Ken!

I had two H1 same color. Bought the first one new. Sold it and bought its twin later on. Got a little misty when I saw yours. That baby would wheelie like no one's business belching out a cloud of blue smoke. Gee ...to be young and dumb again.
'
We cant keep them all . They are worth a fair bit here in our part of the world.
In fact I only just got home from a ride on it. You know the smile I've got on my face.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Had a few beers so unstoppable . this is my pride and joy. I love it.

Big , slower than the 350's and 500 2T , but its my favourite. It's a tank.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
9 Participants
ken65
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing