Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. well my track bike was finished before i binned it. I hope the pix work. Anyway the bike has 3000 kms on the clock, has Ohlins shock and damper, braided lines and a full 4-2-1 system. Its putting out 114.1hp at the rear wheel and im lov'n it to bits.

I had one full track day on it before i took it to phillipisland and binned it
oh well let the rebuild begin.....

Question... 1 thing i noticed is that my fan doesnt come on and my rad boilled over......Is this a thermistat problem ???? and at what temp (C) does the fan come on???

thanks guys

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes thanks hypersport its going to look a lot better. I have bought some rear sets and polished the front rim aswell. ill be posting more pix when done

·
Registered
213 Posts
on my 2002 750 the fan usually kicks in around 220... maybe 222?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry about the get off and glad to hear you are ok. Phillip Island looks like an awesome track!!

The overheating most likely came from an air bubble in your cooling system. The thermostat does not know that there is hot water waiting to move into the radiator because the bubble is preventing the thermostat from getting a good temp reading. Look for a bleeder valve, I think there is one although I have never been able to find it. Since I run distilled water I just drained the system and started over. Add some water initially and run the bike letting the water circulate (dont run it for too long), add some more water and let it run. Fan should be cutting on around 215-220. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the help 2bfaster. I'll drain the rad and re-fill with destilled water and see what happens...

WackyD- I came off on turn 4 (Honda). So it was just a slow off.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Lucky it was a slow one. I understand fully, it took me the better part of a day to find a good line thru Honda.

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Nice good job on the repair job, See it wasnt Binned just yet lol. But why did it take you 4 months to rebuild?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
took so long because I am never home as my job keeps me busy all over the place. I'll be posting some more pix on the next track day.
But now its finished, Im wrapped.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts