Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd post a few pics of the plastics from the track bike. Krylon aerosol paint job. I did not clear coat yet except the tail piece. This is my first attempt and next time I'll probably go with the compressor and HVLP spray gun method. The tank and fender aren't done yet and I have to order a few decals. So far it is Ok but the biggest pain in the ass is keeping everything from getting messy and doing this so I can get rid of the fumes before my wife gets home. Can't really open the windows because the temp is starting to get too low to paint. The 3M respirator is a very worthwhile investment indeed. I'll post up some pics when it is all done.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wingsonwheels said:
Looks great - what did you use to get the nice black line around the number plate?

Oh that is just 1/4" pinstriping. I think I went a bit too big on the white number plate area but I was looking at the rule book and it calls for 10" numbers. I'm not sure everyone abides by the exact 10" but I thought I better play it safe. Thanks for the comments.:cheers

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Paint job is looking really good so far... can't wait to see the finished product. I just finished painting mine as well, and am very pleased at how it turned out. Good luck with the rest of the stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.