Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
folks hope somebody can help me out there. my tach's needle broke off and i saw fastcat said something about a sigma cycle computer and aftermarket tach's.what web sites can i check out.gixxerfreak750/89-Slingshot

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
OK, keep in mind that I dunno *where* exactly I'd order this stuff from if I needed it... I'd look around and compare pricing and so on and find the best deal that I could. For tachs, this is the sort of thing I had in mind. For the speedo, there are some electronic-types on that page, but the solution I used on my bike is a "Sigma" cycle computer. There are a few threads about using one here if you do a search, and you can get them most any bicycle-shop. They're simple-to-install, accurate, and inexpensive. Only drawback to it is getting light on the display at night-time... I used a blue LED but it was a pain to figure it all out and fab/install. There's one more solution that I just recently found out about, and that's This "Trailtech" thingy. The trailtech solution is more expensive than the bicycle-computer thing, but it looks better, and it's backlit. If I had it to do over agian, I'd have got one of those instead of the sigma BC1200 thing... I still may replace the sigma with the trailtech; my bicycle needs a speedo too I guess

ANYway, that's how I'd do it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info oilcooler92.it's to late to bid,its already gone. fastcat, i checked out the sigma, but it doesn't convince me.its a little to modern looking for me.i'll keep looking and let u folks know if i find something good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts