Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well not mine in 2 ways:
1. His idea, that was another's idea http://www.gixxer.com/forums/16-water-cooled-gixxers/573609-stick-coil-conversion.html

2. Family just will not give me any garage time and I need lots of time when it comes to electrics! So off to a friends place (G6 Motosports) for some custom wiring.

Job: Shorten and tidy up wiring harness, eliminate unnecessary wiring, ....
.... Maybe wire in OEM Race only CDI or Vance & Hines CDI, modify Yosh racing harness for street use or use as a copy to custom build for track days. It all depends on $$$$

So, my SCARY HALLOWEEN is giving my bike over for someone else to fix!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We got problems! Bike will not run! Stck coils have spark. Bike Spits, sputters,...Put the stock coils back on and runs fine. Where to look?

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like it is figured out! Update to come...after Turkey Day!

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
If I pulled off a post like this, I'd get crapped on big time, oh wait, 'Big League'
I'm glad you can pull it off

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First run after coil conversion. Also, had G6 adjust the valves. The exhaust side was good, but intake was tight.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally had some garage time and warmer weather. Sorry, you can't hear what I'm saying.
I had to re-route some wires, hoses, and run some non-ethanol gas through the carbs and run them dry, remove the battery and put the bodywork back on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts