Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my review of rs13\'s k5 license plate bracket

dealing with him was great. he sent me additional photos when i wanted them and got the bracket to me quickly.

the bracket came with no mounting screws to attach the license plate to the bracket. that sucked. the bracket was missing black paint on 1 side of it. that sucked. the bracket is, even to the eye, not symmetrical. that really sucks. the bracket MUST be hand cut, there is no way this is the work of a CNC cutting machine (turret/waterjet/laser). a lot of the edges have pits, etc. i've modelled (mechanical CAD), fabricated, and finished various things like this so im not talking out of my ass. the build quality is 'ok' but really not acceptable for a new $12k bike..

so i went to home depot, got machine screws and nuts, rubber bonded washers (to prevent metal on metal contact and provide minor shock absorption), etc.

the license plate holes dont even line up with the holes in the license plate. they are 1/8" too far apart. im going to have to widen the hole myself and repaint it.

i havent even mounted the bracket to the bike yet, i hope that goes smoother.

let me say, this unfavorable review is nothing against rs13, he's been great. i just would not recommend this product. in the future ill either build my own or buy one from a company.

this is just my experience, my opinions, etc etc. if you have or have NOT had any of these issues, feel free to reply to this thread and detail them. who knows, maybe mine was a fluke.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Re: my review of rs13\'s k5 license plate bracket *DELETED*

sorry bro.. i do not make them and never claimed that they were cnc. send it back to me and i will get your money back for you. many people have been very happy with the bracket. as you can see in my pics on my bike i used a plastic buffer between the bracket and the bike (i don't want anything touching mine). i originally only offered them for sale due to when i posted mine others were messaging me about them. if there are problems i won't offer them here as it is more trouble than it is worth anyway. pm if you want or i will check back here on this thread. on a postive note they are only $20 shipped and i have had tons of postive feedback as well but you don't always here about that (but a few people have posted good results). thanks again and here i a pic for people who have not seen what we are talking about.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Re: my review of rs13\'s k5 license plate bracket

dealing with him was great. he sent me additional photos when i wanted them and got the bracket to me quickly.

the bracket came with no mounting screws to attach the license plate to the bracket. that sucked. the bracket was missing black paint on 1 side of it. that sucked. the bracket is, even to the eye, not symmetrical. that really sucks. the bracket MUST be hand cut, there is no way this is the work of a CNC cutting machine (turret/waterjet/laser). a lot of the edges have pits, etc. i've modelled (mechanical CAD), fabricated, and finished various things like this so im not talking out of my ass. the build quality is 'ok' but really not acceptable for a new $12k bike..

so i went to home depot, got machine screws and nuts, rubber bonded washers (to prevent metal on metal contact and provide minor shock absorption), etc.

the license plate holes dont even line up with the holes in the license plate. they are 1/8" too far apart. im going to have to widen the hole myself and repaint it.

i havent even mounted the bracket to the bike yet, i hope that goes smoother.

let me say, this unfavorable review is nothing against rs13, he's been great. i just would not recommend this product. in the future ill either build my own or buy one from a company.

this is just my experience, my opinions, etc etc. if you have or have NOT had any of these issues, feel free to reply to this thread and detail them. who knows, maybe mine was a fluke.
Thanx for the straight up review but I highly disagree.
I mean cmon...you're payin 20 measly dollars for a license plate bracket that you wont even see once the license is mounted. I dont know of any other company that will make a simple, affordable bracket for the K5 for 20 dollars.
Granted you can make your own from Home Depot but most people just want something they can slap on and go...IMO..its a great product for the money...and i dont even like RS13...lol J/K

·
Registered
474 Posts

Well I bought one from rs13 and think it is great. I had zero problems. It was installed in less than 5 minutes. All of my holes lined up perfectly. I think this product is well worth the $20 spent for it. IMO

·
Registered
242 Posts

thanks for the additional feedback. i would say it breaks down as follows. $20 shipped to your door. $19.13 total received after paypal fees. - 2.50 for shipping (leaving $16.63 total), - material and primer and paint, - box and wrapping and trip/ time and gas to post office to ship it. my guess is that there is rally a very small amount being made by making these. i am not sure if they are cnc or not but i can't imagine that they are all cut by hand. that seems like it would be time consuming and can't be worth it at all. none the less... they are still availible to anyone who wants one and c9h13o3n if you want to return the part i will have the funds returned to you or will donate it to the site for even allowing a place like this to exist. thanks again

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I mean cmon...you're payin 20 measly dollars for a license plate bracket that you wont even see once the license is mounted.
dude, fuck you. the holes dont even line up. so tell me how it's worth anything at all? so you should only expect basic quality if its expensive? bullshit. it costs the same amount of money to produce these with the holes lining up as them not. you're right, you will barely see it once mounted, so i wouldnt care much about the low quality cuts and lack of symmetry, but when i have to pull out my tools on something i paid money for to get holes to line up just so i can use it, that's fucked. and im not saying every one of them was like this, im saying, like i already said, what my experience was. so stop getting your panties in a bunch. you're right, i do wanna "slap it on and go", too bad i can't because the holes dont line up.

i hope sometime you get some bad gas in your bike and when you go to the gas attendant to ask him wtf he says dude, you paid a measly $1.50 a gallon.

rs13, im not sure how i wanna proceed yet but this has nothing to do with you personally. you seem like a great guy (from this transaction and from other posts) however i would suggest doing some quick QC on these brackets before you sendthem out just to see if the holes line up.

·
Registered
242 Posts

rs13, im not sure how i wanna proceed yet but this has nothing to do with you personally. you seem like a great guy (from this transaction and from other posts) however i would suggest doing some quick QC on these brackets before you sendthem out just to see if the holes line up.
if you want to send it back and you can have another one?? i will get you your money back or i will donate the money to the site. no problems here. like i stated.. i don't make them and they are bolt on and go. just a simple plate bracket that the holes are lined up (not sure why your wouldn't b but send it back if you want). never represented to be cnc rubber mounted bracket. not sure how they are made and sorry you expected something you didn't receive. how things proceed is up to you... donate to the site, refund your money or send you a new one on me. neer fun to have bad experience with anything.

·
Registered
301 Posts

Chill out- don't fight over the internet.

·
Registered
303 Posts

I mean cmon...you're payin 20 measly dollars for a license plate bracket that you wont even see once the license is mounted.
dude, fuck you. the holes dont even line up. so tell me how it's worth anything at all? so you should only expect basic quality if its expensive? bullshit. it costs the same amount of money to produce these with the holes lining up as them not. you're right, you will barely see it once mounted, so i wouldnt care much about the low quality cuts and lack of symmetry, but when i have to pull out my tools on something i paid money for to get holes to line up just so i can use it, that's fucked. and im not saying every one of them was like this, im saying, like i already said, what my experience was. so stop getting your panties in a bunch. you're right, i do wanna "slap it on and go", too bad i can't because the holes dont line up.

i hope sometime you get some bad gas in your bike and when you go to the gas attendant to ask him wtf he says dude, you paid a measly $1.50 a gallon.

wow...easy there muscles....if youre complaining over 20 dollars then i wonder why you even have a K5. Bottom line...its a great product....and why are you gettin mad...you asked for opinions right?...you sure are a lame ass...bottom line im not going to go the cheap route on my bike if it has anything to do with the performance so that gas comment is irrelevant....but its a damn license plate bracket....get a grip homey

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

it's not the 20$ coldstreetZ. its the fact that i went through a lot of trouble to get money into a paypal account to get the dough to rs13, the fact that ive been waiting for the thing looking forward to it getting here, and now the fact that it's another hassle added to my already busy life. so you're saying buying rs13's bracket was the cheap route? you know how cheap it is to make these things? for $20 it definitely could have been perfect build quality. i know design and fabrication, you don't.

i asked for other people's opinions of the bracket to make the thread more fair to rs13 (in case my experience was isolated), not some curvekillaZ gangster opinion on my experience with the bracket trying to tell me how i should feel about it. im not going the cheap route with anything on my bike, performance or otherwise. im a lame ass? haha. 'aight homey', how about you get an education and keep your internet gat in your pants.

this bitch is really taking this review off course.

·
Registered
776 Posts

Im a ToolMaker by trade and also have years of experience with CAD and machining. I don't know what condition the bracket was in but can tell you there's plenty more to it than loading stock in a machine and pushing go to get a perfect part. The human element is still there which means poor quality can still exist. As you stated this could have been an Isolated problem. My only point is that because something was cut in a CNC machine doesnt gurantee it's going to be of perfect build quality. So many variables to take into account.
Not saying the bracket was CNC cut or that you (c9h13o3n) was expecting to much but it's
not a perfect world. Take rs13's offer to refund the money and find another product that works better. Also to who ever makes them a little inspection process will help eliminate this problem.
Just my 2cents
Average joe

·
Registered
303 Posts

it's not the 20$ coldstreetZ. its the fact that i went through a lot of trouble to get money into a paypal account to get the dough to rs13, the fact that ive been waiting for the thing looking forward to it getting here, and now the fact that it's another hassle added to my already busy life. so you're saying buying rs13's bracket was the cheap route? you know how cheap it is to make these things? for $20 it definitely could have been perfect build quality. i know design and fabrication, you don't.

i asked for other people's opinions of the bracket to make the thread more fair to rs13 (in case my experience was isolated), not some curvekillaZ gangster opinion on my experience with the bracket trying to tell me how i should feel about it. im not going the cheap route with anything on my bike, performance or otherwise. im a lame ass? haha. 'aight homey', how about you get an education and keep your internet gat in your pants.

this bitch is really taking this review off course.
we can go back and forth all day long..
Bottom line IMO im tellin you that for the money...the product is worth it..even if i had to put a lil effort into it. I also purchased the product and FYI...I am an ENGINEER AND USE CAD software/CNC machines. And guess wut... I am from the streets and have an education too.
This is neither here nore there....obviously everyone can clearly see that you are the inmature one who got angry and started this nonsense. I purchased the product and was stating my opinion. Now back to the subject at hand. IMO for 20$ RS13, i couldnt expect anything more than what you have provided....the bracket clearly does its job for 20 bucks. Please tell me that I'm the only one who thinks this. This is clearly not the case. Now its unfortunate that you got a dud but he stated that it wasnt machined so how about u stop cryin and just get another one..

·
Registered
432 Posts

RS13, Great product, great results, best option available. I finished painting it myself, I couldnt be happier. Thanks alot again, $20 is cheap compared to $140 for the same thing with a cheap light on it. Thanks again!

·
Registered
303 Posts

RS13, Great product, great results, best option available. I finished painting it myself, I couldnt be happier. Thanks alot again, $20 is cheap compared to $140 for the same thing with a cheap light on it. Thanks again!
couldnt agree more!!!

·
Registered
432 Posts

Oh ya, and quit arguing like children for gods sake, its stupid to argue an opinion. Remember, opinions are like assholes, everyone has got one and they usually stink. Take RS13 up on his generous offer to take it back and give you a refund, buy a 20 pack and have a nice day!

Thank you come again!

·
Registered
8,714 Posts

The time has come for...

a solid cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehooooooooooooooooooooo!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts