Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All in all , I think it came out pretty good. The picture quality kind of sucks and I still have to put the stickers on but here it is.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I rattle0canned my stuff, you just gotta take your time and it comes out pretty sweet. One word of advice for you fellow rattle-caners, paint all your stuff one the same day (colors) and but all the cans from the same place at the same time. I say this because my tail section came out a different shade of blue and I think it's because I painted it on a different day. I put the same amount of coats of primer and color, so it couldn't have been that. I think next time, I'm gonna buy some paint and go steal/borrow Quig's shit. Anyways, here it is.

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Why dont you guys practise painting with real paint? Cheap auto paint for me costs me 50-60 bucks for a single color.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
Why dont you guys practise painting with real paint? Cheap auto paint for me costs me 50-60 bucks for a single color.
Cuz ya need at least two colors to get the number plates on. Last I checked, it ends up being like $150 to do a single bike after paint, clear, hardner, reducer, etc. Not worth it unless you're doing a bunch of bikes. At that cost I'll just pay someone else to do it.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cuz ya need at least two colors to get the number plates on. Last I checked, it ends up being like $150 to do a single bike after paint, clear, hardner, reducer, etc. Not worth it unless you're doing a bunch of bikes. At that cost I'll just pay someone else to do it.
Thanks everyone for the compliments. It is definitely just a matter of taking your time, (and having some good rubbing compound).

I have gun (Actually 3 of them), but as Adam said, I went to the supply store and after pricing the 3 colors of paint plus clear and the fact that catalyst only comes in gallons, it was going to cost like 200 +. The spray paint cost me around 50.00 total from Autozone.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Looking good there spiffy . . . novice, huh?

We going to see that paint job up at Loudon on June 1st???

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

If the rain stops for a day or two yes.

Novice Huh

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts

Novice Huh
So far, looks like the rain might take a break and leave us alone for that day.

Two race weekends have come & gone already, you should be well on your way to Amateur . . . slacker.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Novice Huh
So far, looks like the rain might take a break and leave us alone for that day.

Two race weekends have come & gone already, you should be well on your way to Amateur . . . slacker.
You are so right. The first one the bike wasn't ready and the second one...work prevented me from going to

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
thats what it cost me 150 to 200 bucks for supplies. but i use good paint that holds up, if it would quit tumping over.

spray cans lack a ggod hardner and seem to get sand blasted quite a bit.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thats what it cost me 150 to 200 bucks for supplies. but i use good paint that holds up, if it would quit tumping over.

spray cans lack a ggod hardner and seem to get sand blasted quite a bit.
What does tumping over mean.

BTW, I used auto paint in a can (Dupli-color truck and Van paint) Hopefully, it has a better hardner than run of the mill spray paint. If not...It is a race bike and I only need two good photo ops and one way or another, I'll probably end up painting it again for next season

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
tumping over = crashing.

my bike gets displayed at bike nights now and then so a getto job is not worth much

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
tumping over = crashing.

my bike gets displayed at bike nights now and then so a getto job is not worth much
Displayed for what it looks like when you crash?? Like the cars they put in front of the police station

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
heh, the rattle can job looks good. I'd been using Krylon and yea it does chiop easily. will try the Dupli crap next time, i got an upper, 3 lowers, one tail coming so they will need paint!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts