Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
no explanation? what happend? thats some hardcore damage, that sucks ass, sorry to see a great bike get messed up, hope rider is ok too of coarse, get back on the road quickly bro

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

I'm okay. Had my full leathers on. It did happen in the local twisties and it was a right hander. I'm extremely lucky that there was no oncoming traffic or else I probably wouldn't be here. But long story short:
Too Much Lean + Cold Tires + Damp Road =

From what I can see up close the neck and the forks don't seem tweaked, but it probably is for the front rim to be touching the fairing like that. I'm just hoping it's only one and not both. I've found a local Computrack that said they'd do it for $500. If it's only the forks that're bent, I'd probably have to dish out the same amount to get my spare set revalve/resprung. Other then that, I pretty much have all the parts to put her back together. Luckily when I bought the bike, the previous own gave me tons of spares. For now, I'm just gonna put on a race upper w/ my Yosh fairing stay and hope I don't get pulled over for not having headlights and mirrors. I'll probably get those when I find a good deal on ebay or if not, I'll just it that way and run the track only.

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
If your forks are bent, which they do not look bent. If the tubes are bent you can always buy stock set of 750 showa forks and swap out the cartridges.

If you decide to part it out I do need a rear aftermarkets shock

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
All is not lost. She looks pretty intact. Rebuild her to her original luster. You will be proud of your accomplishments.

BTW, is she a 600 with updated forks?

·
Registered
179 Posts
i got all the parts you will need for that!

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
OUCH! Glad you are okay.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i've got most of the parts anyways, but thanks for the offer. i only need a new midpipe. i'm just waiting to see if they could fix the frame. it's been measured and they found the front wheel to be pushed back 1.5 inches which is a lot of freaking damage for the headstock. they're gonna try aligning it, but there's no guarantee that it'll come out. the forks are still straight so that's some good news. and yes, those are 750 forks that were revalved by LE. i'll find out next week if the surgery was a success and will keep u guys updated. thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts