Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my Old \'85 GS700... any ideas on how to make bike cool???

hey guys... i just came across this board lastnight and have tried to read almost all of the posts for the ol'Skool gixxers.

well, i've got a an 85 GS700ESF. this is my first bike. to my delight, they only made it one year. im most certainly not tryin to ride this thing stock. everybody 'round these parts have the newer bikes. i know this can be a kick ass bike, but i need some direction. i have some ideas but i would like to know if:

1. are there any pics of custom bikes like mine

2. W.W.Y.D. --- what would you do?

3. can i maintain my super-pimptight-coolness with chics when everybody is out with there 200? bike.

i already have polishing every piece of aluminum of aluminum and custom paint on the list.

thanx
nfms106

G

·
0 Posts
Re: my Old \'85 GS700... any ideas on how to make bike cool???

Kevin Schwantz raced that model bike for Yoshimura a long long time ago........... I think 1985. You might check Yoshimura for pic's of what you could do to it cosmetically but I think all those older GS performance parts are out of stock.

·
Registered
176 Posts

I'd say Streetfighter! Getcha an R1 tail section,
and a dirt bike headlight assembly ... strip off anything stock, and go crazy.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts

Get some Woodcraft clip-ons, pop an APE big-bore kit in it and like Dino said...Street fighter!

·
Registered
176 Posts

Yeah baby, that is a bitch of a machine! I've never seen megaphones abused in such a way. Truly sick.

I love it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

just an idea that im working with in Photoshop. i know its not a GS700 but, it'll look like one when i finish... just a ruff "sketch"...

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: nfms106 ]</p>

·
Registered
518 Posts

i'd say your best bet to make the bike cool would be to SELL IT and buy a gix....my $0.02 USD.

-phreak

·
Registered
3,895 Posts

I gotta agree with phreak... I mean, the old dual-shock air-cooled bikes can look cool, *especially* a huge engined turbo'd dragbike... but a 700 with a stretched swingarm? I think you'd prolly get molested at bench-racing sessions... and yeah, the GS 700's *sound* pretty cool with a 4-into-1 ...but I used to regularly *stomp* those things with my rz350 down the front straight at summit point... all that being said, I still think the old blue/white GS suzukis *looked* cooler than my rz... FWIW

1 - 10 of 10 Posts