Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
You could always do what the wanker who owned my bike did and punch a great F*cking hole in the cover so that it can be regularly tightened. Not what I would be doing..... The best option is clean the thread up good with a wax and grease cleaner and put a little service locktite on. That should hold it

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
starter...i just added a 45 tooth rear sprocket...havent been able to take it out yet(too much snow and cold air here)...notice anything...like the speedo?? fast??

[ 01-15-2003, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: spongebob ]

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
Originally posted by corrupt679:
the nut on my front sprocket keeps coming loose, any suggestion to keep that lil biotch on there?..
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">ITS CALLED LOC-TITE,,,,,,,,,,,,,
AND TORQUE THE NUT TO THE CORRECT VALUE... thats it thats all.

Unless the threads on the countershaft are stripped. That would suck.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Spongebob - The speedo is only marginally misreading high on 60km/hr which is residential speed over here so close enough there, but I found it to be close to 7-8 km/hr out when taking readings from my SigmaSport that by measurements on the freeway near home is 0.2% (10m) out over 5km at 115km/hr. So I'm thinking that is dialed in as good as I can do. But it get worse and worse the further round like it approaches 20km/hr different at 220km.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
There should be a washer that gets bent over once you have it torqued down...and loctite red would definitely help....but you have to make sure the surfaces are clean or it won't do anything.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
You dont need locktite on it.. Just get the washer from the dealer (if there isnt one on it) and bend it flat with one edge of the nut. It will keep it from backing off...

You do need to locktite the speedo sensor bolt into the end of the counter shaft but only use blue... Not red.

John

·
Registered
21 Posts
The only problem i have with the front sproket is undoing the bas****. I dont have that washer your on about on my gixer 6. I have the main bolt which has those metal bits at the top of the thread, dunno what its called, but that holds it in.

·
Registered
328 Posts
my zx6r has a washer that needs to be bent to keep it from coming loose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts