crg levers
k&n
power commander
Tuned on 92
Flush mount signals
Hids
Vortex chain and sprokets
Vortex pegs and mounts
Couple other little things im probably missing.

Am absolutely loving it!

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
She looks great! What king of front signals are those? And do you have better pics of the undertail? I'm currently trying to figure out how I want to eliminate the tail fender but I don't like integrated turn signals. I'm thinking a clean undertail with a license plate bracket similar to yours but modified to have the turn signals on each side.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She looks great! What king of front signals are those? And do you have better pics of the undertail? I'm currently trying to figure out how I want to eliminate the tail fender but I don't like integrated turn signals. I'm thinking a clean undertail with a license plate bracket similar to yours but modified to have the turn signals on each side.
Here you go.

Also a couple with the rear seat cover on.

Attachments

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,563 Posts
AFAIK his rear turn signals are illegal in some states. The last time I checked, the federal requirement was:

Location: At or near the rear—1 red or amber on each side of the vertical centerline, at the same height and having a minimum horizontal separation distance (centerline to centerline of lamps) of 9 inches. Minimum edge to edge separation distance between lamp and tail or stop lamp is 4–inches, when a single stop and taillamp is installed on the vertical centerline and the turn signal lamps are red.

Some states enforce the federal requirement. Bugman (Delaware?) went through this years ago. You're most at risk if you go through an annual inspection.

·
Registered
235 Posts
AFAIK his rear turn signals are illegal in some states. The last time I checked, the federal requirement was:

Location: At or near the rear—1 red or amber on each side of the vertical centerline, at the same height and having a minimum horizontal separation distance (centerline to centerline of lamps) of 9 inches. Minimum edge to edge separation distance between lamp and tail or stop lamp is 4–inches, when a single stop and taillamp is installed on the vertical centerline and the turn signal lamps are red.

Some states enforce the federal requirement. Bugman (Delaware?) went through this years ago. You're most at risk if you go through an annual inspection.
That is my recollection also. And I definitely don't want to give our fine LEO's a stupid easy reason to pull me over. And in VA we do have annual inspections . . . although I'm pretty lazy about getting them done (mine is currently 2014!). My vanity can handle something that meets the legal requirements!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Up here in Washington im not sure if we have annual inspections and i have been followed by the law on multiple occasions with no harassment. But i have heard of the nine inch rule when it comes to tail lights in other states. Research your laws before spending money on parts. In reality the flush mount signals on my bike are pretty much worthless, other than at night no one will ever see them. The back taillights although close and harder to distinguish than stock lights, to me they still stand out pretty well.

Remember, safety first, us riders already have the odds stacked against us, no need to further decrease our odds of being seen.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,563 Posts
My general impression is that cops either don't know or don't care unless you've done something stupid and they want to hassle you. But the inspectors know and have no problem dinging you for that - which I think is what happened to Bugman.

Also note that he doesn't seem to have a reflex reflector other than those reflector bolts, which also don't meet the federal requirement. Harley sells a neat stick-on reflector that does.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
5 Participants
MonkeyRider
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing