Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No doubt there have been many threads showing the new gixxer, but I thought I would post one anyway from the UK.....

Still cant get over how good this bike is!
I have had Ducati's before this and after waking up one morning and smelling the bacon, I realised that GSXR's were the way to go! Never looked back since.......

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
still getting used to this forum boys - sorry about that!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers man - thanks for getting the image sorted!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
ya im not a fan of all black bikes because it seems what the typical 'cool guy' wants to have, but i gotta say, the 2 tone black glossy/flat is pretty FUCKING AWESOME

that said, if you guys want the colorscheme so badly just have the bike repainted! im having my yellow/black k5 repainted to look exactly like my old 04 gixxer 6 yellow/black (talk about a sleeper baby

·
Registered
351 Posts
ya im not a fan of all black bikes because it seems what the typical 'cool guy' wants to have, but i gotta say, the 2 tone black glossy/flat is pretty FUCKING AWESOME

that said, if you guys want the colorscheme so badly just have the bike repainted! im having my yellow/black k5 repainted to look exactly like my old 04 gixxer 6 yellow/black (talk about a sleeper baby
ive liked all black before it was hot. i dont like the 'raven' name for the yamaha's and i dont like the color. i like the stealth look. i also like your yellow color. i just shelled out more then i should have for the bike, im not going to fuck repaint a perfectly good fairing.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Its amazing how much smaller the new GSXR 1000 looks compared to my 2002 Honda 954 RR.

The 05 GSXR 1000 makes my 02 Honda look like a pig....when they are side by side..

LOL

·
Registered
149 Posts
wow easy blackk51000, i didn't mean that as a cut on ppl who genuinely like the stealth look. (i started out that way when i started riding, it's hot) the problem i have with it is that's usually what posers RUN to. either blingin chromed out bike or all black. again, if you're into all black or chromed or whatever, and you like it for YOU not to try to be cool, then more power to ya. the past 2-3 years the bike scene has started to turn as trendy as everything else in american culture because of FUCKING MOVIES like torque.

well i know exactly how you feel about painting these fuckers ($1500 for a quality simple job) after paying $12k for them, but the way i see it is im gonna keep this bike for atleast 2 years, if not 3, so i wanna do everything right and be 100% happy with it.

so as long as you have the dough, spending another couple grand to make yourself completely happy with your bike is worth it in my opinion

another case in point, i could grab a yosh TRS and throw it on my bike today (TRS is an awesome exhaust just not what i want) but instead ive been waiting for literally months for the yosh TRC CF slip on. (please... come.. PLEASE)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cheers for the replies guys.....
Sorry to see that over in the US, you dont get an all Black option. I have to say that the number of people over here in the Uk that have asked me if it is a special edition is unreal....!!
In the Suzuki catalogue there is no picture of the all black option, but just a small line of text at the bottom of the page saying 'Also in all new black colour'...... I think it may have been an after thought by Suzuki??
Either way, I think its a little different. I have seen alot of Blue gixxer thou's over here, only a couple of yellow and black/silver and no black ones at all, so its nice to have something a little different from everyone else..... I guess its just down to personnal taste.

Just need to save up for my carbon yoshi can now!

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Just to help you out on posting pics in the future:

Just take your link: http://www.gixxer.com/uploads/Gixxer4.JPG , or a link to whatever picture you want, and put [image][/image] tags around it, and it will show up in the post.

It will look like [image]link[/image]

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
arh thats how its done - cheers for the tip 'av_fan'......

Nice one....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts