Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here it is. drove to connecticut to pick up this piece of shit to put my 03 1k motor in it. I don't know who in their right mind would ride it the way it was when I got it.... but I did my first ever and my last burnout on it because I didn't care about the engine/tire. soo anyways. here is is, the 1k doner.

things i've run into are bolts locktited perminently, bolts missing, gaskets missing, chain was rusted beyond belief, wires were wired wrong, and sensors were not hooked up as well as hoses cut... jeeze.

still have to get a fuel pump, new lock set, and left and right controls since they changed all that in 03. this swap is much easier if you go with an 02 motor... but not many people do it with an 03 so i'd like to be different.

i'll post updates at they happen.

here it is in the back of my truck.

this is what it looked like when I bought it.

this is how far i've gotten. as well as taken the decals off the fairings and cleaned them up. no more sticky shit on them.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
You're sticking an 03 1k engine in an 01 600? This should be interesting. Be sure to post up snags etc.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're sticking an 03 1k engine in an 01 600? This should be interesting. Be sure to post up snags etc.
so far the only snags are having to change the fule pump, lock set, and left/right side controls. but i'm expecting more... as with any "project" lol. i'll let everyone know.

·
Registered
18 Posts
you should powder coat the frame black like the new ones

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you should powder coat the frame black like the new ones
the frame is already polished, and I like the look. it will go good with the color of the wheels when they are done as well as the fairings. I'd like something different than factory black or greyish... you'll never see factory polished frames. at least not that I know of.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.