Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

401 - 413 of 413 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
My K8 600 did the same thing this summer right around the time I hit 5,000 miles on the odometer. After reading numerous forums I found a Service Bulletin from Suzuki stating the problem and the solution. . . it's the O2 sensor and it is covered under a 4 year warranty as long as you have under like 18,000 miles. I went to my dealer and at first they tried to say that it wasn't listed on their system, but after I bitched them out, they decided to look into it further. It took a week, but they got the sensor and replaced it free of charge! I've put over 2,000 miles on my bike since then and the problem has not returned!!!! : ) If you're having this problem, stop reading the forums and go to your dealer and get the O2 sensor replaced. You won't regret it!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 750 is doing the exact same thing. I work for a dealership and none of the mechs have any idea. I was wondering about the TPS, the tester showed the tps was set right. o2 sensor was next on my list.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
having the same problem...i unplugged the o2 sensor just to see how it would run. started it up, tried to put it in gear and the bike cut out completely...does the o2 sensor have a kill switch if they are not connected??

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just started having these problems 3 weeks ago. Tightened the throttle cable, still there. Read about O2 and ordered an O2 eliminator -- installed now and fixed the problem. In the meantime, I used a technical tool called "scissors" on the O2 sensor at the exhaust and it ran a lot better with way better gas mileage. The manual says sans sensor the ECU assumes "normal" and runs fine. With the great gas mileage, I'm guessing it had been running a little lean without the eliminator hooked up (basically, a resistor). Happy the eliminator is installed now; an easy job and its always fun to pull a bunch of extra wires away from your engine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
All I did was remove exhaust sensor n pulled out the wire from ecu n if was fine, no sputtering lower then 6rpm went bak to normal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Kinda sounds like an issue I'm having with my K9 750. Low rpm sputter, sometimes snaps out of it and smooths out. Almost seems like not firing on all 4 cylinders. Guess I will have to check the o2 and tps sensors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having the same problem. I've been watching it carefully and I don't find it drops RPM at all. Its more like it goes from running on 4cyldrs to 2, like its flooding. While running on "2cyldrs" (or as it would seem), if you twist very lightly so you start to accelerate a little... eventually you can feel the other 2cyldrs kick in and thats when you get the jolt. Funny thing is, if you were to hold at that RPM with the clutch in or in neutral, it runs fine. Does that sound about right super fun girl?
This is the problem I am having on my bike (600k7)... I have checked multiple things to no avail.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
I am experiencing the same thing

mechanic told me the fuel pump connection was loose.

bike ran great for 2-1/2 days (track bike); started 'bogging' in the high revs once through the REV range at WOT in 4th, 5th and 6th

I suspect the TPS

any suggestions -- new to the site

thanks

401 - 413 of 413 Posts