Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

361 - 380 of 413 Posts

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
off topic.. I never will take my bike to any dealerships every again.

Another thing .. FUCK DEALERSHIPS.. They are bunch of crock o pot... i dont go to dealership anymore after what happend.. this was 3 yrs. ago.. i work on my own bike now..

but, one day i took in for them to figure out what the problem to my bike is.. they found the problem was my cam chain timing was off a tooth.. so they fixed it.. everything like the sensors like STPS, TPS, fast idle was all correct when i gave them the bike to see whats wrong motor wise.... But, when i got the bike back.. They went in and screwed up my STPS, TPS, and fast idle settings.. YEP! i told them not to touch it.. and they did anywayz.. they put the STPS off, and TPS little off the white line, and made my fast idle jump to 7 grand.. :wtf.. So, i had to align the STPS back to where it was, TPS back to where it was before, and put my fast idle back down to 1500rpm-2000rpm... They are bunch of shady shit.. they made me pay $82.00 for them messing up my STPS, TPS, and fast idle.. It was bullshit.. i even told them to not mess with it.. SO , Fuck dealerships.. aka STEALership.. There bunch of people who wants to mess up your bike, so you can bring it back to them for more money out of your pocket... NEVER NEVER again i take my bike to any dealerships.. fuck that.. they also overfilled my oil by like a quart and half.. :wtf i had to drain it all out to get to my F line.

DEALERSHIPS are CROCK OF BULLSHIT... They dont want to HELP YOU, THEY WANT YOUR FUCKING MONEY HONEY!!.. :lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
guys, not sure if mine problem is the same as the TS, but would sure like some input and advice.

I'm on a K8 750, recently had the same issue on losing power while throttling at constant 4K rpm, I noticed that my mileage had been hit out of whack as well. I usually get 47mpg since the begininng but after getting that losing power its dropped to 39 mpg.

Anyone else experience that or would it be anything else than the O2 sensor that needs replacement? Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
guys, not sure if mine problem is the same as the TS, but would sure like some input and advice.

I'm on a K8 750, recently had the same issue on losing power while throttling at constant 4K rpm, I noticed that my mileage had been hit out of whack as well. I usually get 47mpg since the begininng but after getting that losing power its dropped to 39 mpg.

Anyone else experience that or would it be anything else than the O2 sensor that needs replacement? Thanks.
I'm having the same problem as well, Its like the bike (08 600) wont hold the power while at cruising speeds. I have to yank on the throttle to get it to go.....I heard it was a faulty O2 sensor???? Also whenever I go somewhere and park the bike outside, if its really cold out, when I start the bike up, it'll just stall and cut off. I basically have to start it up while giving it gas and keep revving it while at a light...... after it has warmed up , the problem is fixed....wth, I dunno.....anyone have answers?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Tried reading through most of this thread and also did a search in here for it and didn't come up with anything. I understand that everyone experiencing the problem relates it to the O2 sensor. So, is there anyone that has done an 06/07 header swap on their bike that has experienced this issue? I'm curious to know.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I dont know if it the same, mine idles like sh1t if it starts first time (batt is ok), actually sounds like its misfiring rolling down the pits and is super fluffy/jerky getting on the throttle, forget about any linear power delivery under 10k. I cant comment on other gears as i only notice in 2nd as the other gears are changed above 13k anyway. it's really sh1t midcorner trying to roll on not knowing how much throttle is going to come through. There are a few tests in the service manual, can anybody with a faulty one confirm the tests ( voltage, continuity etc) detect the fault? Shame that a pcv is cheaper than the sensor.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Its confirm O2 sensor that's faulty, instead of getting a replacement, I went ahead with PCV and autotune..works like a charm now...mine local distributor denies hearing of this epidemic issue though..:wtf

·
Registered
56 Posts
I saw someone mention a service bulletin relating to this issue somewhere in this thread. Anyone have a copy of that service bulletin that they can post?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have an 08 600 with the same problem, got a leftover. Suzuki just had a recall on a shit ton of things for a rectifier regulator. Is this the fix needed?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have an 08 600 with the same problem, got a leftover. Suzuki just had a recall on a shit ton of things for a rectifier regulator. Is this the fix needed?
This is really f$&@Ed up. I wrecked an 08 600 in April with this problem. Bought another k8 600, and the same damn throttle power cut! I did hear that it is an o2 sensor problem, but my first k8 did it at about 600 miles! It wasn't even broken in yet! I really wonder if the rectifier is what causes this. At any case, I will post if the rectifier replacement fixes it. Taking the bike in on FRIDAY for the recall service.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I own a 2008 GSXR 600 with about 7k miles now- and i bought it about 10 days ago, got new tires and the bike was running flawless... then all of a sudden i started feeling a loss of power when i kept the speed constant at about 50-54 - and felt a little difference in the throttle during gear shifting. I took it to a motorcycle shop and they didn't really know what was up and thought it was in my head, and didn't even test drive it. So i'm trying to research it. Can anyone help me out, is it the O2 sensor or the TPS ?? I'm just trying to figure this one out, or is it the recall?? and does this recall cover my bike??
Thanks a lot in advance guys.

·
Registered
150 Posts
My 08 750 has started doing this shit and its damn near unrideable on the highway. Is the O2 sensor the sure fire fix? What is to say the new sensor wont just fail?

Will something like the Bazzaz with autotune fix this for good? Having to spend $500 to fix a problem from Suzuki is some BS.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm not surprised at this response, judging by your comments you have posted to my thread.

It is sad that you can't see the potential for injury or care enough for others to see the reason why I am sharing the issue I am having and trying to find out if others have it as well. I'm also looking to see if other owners of the same bike have found a fix, I can pass this on to the dealership and American Suzuki who haven't found a solution.
Im having the same problem with loosing power. i just put the bike in the shop and they are gonna see what the problem is. i explained it and the mechanic thinks its the throttle body but not sure yet. i Definitely see the potential of safeness my wife rides on the back which almost had her bucked off the bike. and this problem start with me last year this month.

my bike is a 08 Gixxer 600 with 27000 miles on it
and yes i got my recall done last week for the rectifier

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi,

Anyone know the specifications for the o2 Sensor ?

There are thousands of sensors out there, must be one thats the same spec.

Carl

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is really f$&@Ed up. I wrecked an 08 600 in April with this problem. Bought another k8 600, and the same damn throttle power cut! I did hear that it is an o2 sensor problem, but my first k8 did it at about 600 miles! It wasn't even broken in yet! I really wonder if the rectifier is what causes this. At any case, I will post if the rectifier replacement fixes it. Taking the bike in on FRIDAY for the recall service.

So, has the rectifier recall solved the problem? Mine 750 08 has the same problem :( ... I guess I'll have to change O2 sensor...
Thanks for this thread!

·
Registered
35 Posts
My 2010 750 is showing the same syptoms that others are complainging about. I cruise at 130km/h in 6th gear, at just over 6000rpm, and while holding the throttle steady, the bike suddenly looses power, drops 20~30km/h and then surges back on and is now doing 140+km/h. Again, this is with no adjustment to the throttle. Sometimes it take 30 minutes of cruising before this happens, sometimes it takes 5. Not sure what is triggering it, but the O2 sensor or the TPS could be at fault. I have tried dropping a gear or two, and actually, I noticed it in 5th and 4th as well, even though the RPM had gone up significatly.

I have been able to help walk around the issue by waiting until the power drops off, then giving it some gas, and then slowly backing off of the throttle until I'm back down at my deisred cruising speed. The bike then behaves for a while, but that isn't a fix, rather, just a bandaid.

I will bring this issue up with my dealership, when I take the bike in for its 1000km service (the only service that I will let them do), and see what they say.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have this issue and I'm convinced it relates to the other issues with these bikes, the starting idling problems. This problem is rare for me but worries me alot as it is unsafe. Interesting to see the outcome of what the dealerships say. It has to be a dodgy tps or stps surely with suzuki s track record.

361 - 380 of 413 Posts