Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done putting a vance and hines sidewinder on my 891100. It looks so sweeeeet!!! And sounds sooooo MEAN!!!!
I'll post pics when I get them. Hey I started it up and she purred like a kitten. If I choose not to rejet how much performance will I lose? She had a micron exhaust on it before..............

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think your bike will make that choice for you. GO FOR A RIDE! If you feel any "flat" spots in the power delivery or hesitation in acceleration, you've got to jet 'em.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, everyone tells me i MUST rejet.........but on my 87 i put a sidewinder on it and she ran 6.8 in the 8th mile.......not to shabby for no rejeting i think!

·
Registered
978 Posts
GET SOME 40mm carbs and you wont have a problem.
i love the sound of my v&h drag pipe at 10000 rpm it gets everybodys attention& my neighbors love me too

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
As a nite worker I'm only awake between 4pm and 8am. My neighbors really like it when I get home at about 3am with my Yosh race only pipes.
Bones

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How stricked are they up there with as far as inspecting bikes (checking for to make sure everything is street legal).........if I rode the 89 on the street with the sidewinder on it....I'd get busted for sure!
Cops don't like exhuasts they can twirl 3 or 4 nightsticks inside

·
Registered
978 Posts
i have not had any problems with the law YET .
but i fabed a baffel to make it leagl for street use but it makes no differnce in the sound i love it loud

·
Registered
43 Posts
That sounds like something I need can i get the sidewinder for a 750 ? and as far as the neighbors hateing you i have the same problem ocasionaly i leave for work around 3or 4 in the morning and i let my bike worm up for a few minuts before i go . and I have a 175 family apartment building across the street from me . and my bike is by no means quiet . Ware in main are you?

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#6A7FB8" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#2f2f4f">Originally posted by jkday:
That sounds like something I need can i get the sidewinder for a 750 ? and as far as the neighbors hateing you i have the same problem ocasionaly i leave for work around 3or 4 in the morning and i let my bike worm up for a few minuts before i go . and I have a 175 family apartment building across the street from me . and my bike is by no means quiet . Ware in main are you?
</td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>Why would you want a sidewinder on your 750?Unless you dragrace exclusively and need to SLAM your bike to the ground it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.Forget about cornering and youll have to cut up your plastic to make it fit.I found that the oldschool V&H supersport(4 into 1)gives great power and sounds mean too.I had one on my 190 horsepower 7/11.But if yer just lookin' to be a posuer,then by all means

·
Super Moderator
17,285 Posts
I spent all weekend cleaning and cutting my bike. I was a madman with the dremel and there was alot of cutting going on. I cut up my rear and also the rear tails to give my '88 a sleeker look. I LOVE THE DREMEL!!!!!! And then the polishing kicked in. My frame was done before, and after some more polishing on the weekend it looks brand new!! I'll post some before and afters as sson as the chain comes in!!

Here's the before

Here's the during

The after is soon to come!!!

[ 04-07-2002, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: spike52 ]

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Originally posted by oldskoolgix:
I'll post pics when I get them.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well where's the pics??????????

·
Super Moderator
17,285 Posts
Ran outta time yesterday..F-ing wife was yelling something about dinner. I'm still waiting for my chain and sprockets(Dennis Kirk's free, but slooooow)..Maybe by Wednesday she'll be all good.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts