Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replace a light bolb today and its was working fine...Later on i started my bike and there was nothing ..no high beams or low...I check the fuse and it was fine....however if i press the passing switch then the high beams would go on..anyone know whats going on..?
Thanx!

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
no lights at all?? except on the high beam using the pass switch ,sounds like it maybe dirty contacts in the switch ,try some wd40 or electrical cleaner in the switch and move the switch to and fro

you say the fuses are ok

[ 01-28-2003, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: GIXXERUK ]

·
Registered
308 Posts
This happened to mine the other week. After trying every thing i was told to look at the headlamp wireing block connecter. It is located under the left hand ram air pipe (as you sit on the bike)lift that out and the connecter is straight below it.I cleaned it up etc and it worked fine after. Tape the connecter up after, as there is a drain hole in the pipe for water and the connecter is staight below that.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx guys i look at the connector thing and it was loose...i duck tape it and its fine now ..

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I don't know what the fuck is wrong with these SRADs but the this problem happens soooooo often; no lights, no high beam, no dash lights, park lights work but main ones don't, etc........ It happened to mine, sometimes the main light or dash light wouldn't work. Just clean and check every connection and check the fuses. If that don't work hit it with a hammer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts