Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
I bought another K5 1000 (no title) for spares and for parts to my K1 "750" project. The engine goes to K1 750 frame and this will become my street bike. I thought it would be convenient to have a spare engine and now I will also have a street bike, current K5 will be track only. :)
In Finland insurances are a lot cheaper for bikes with a title than without a title. That's why I won't use this no title frame as my track bike and
I already have K1 frame, fairings, hybrid racing adapters...

Parts list:
Yoshimura ST-R Type S cams
Yoshimura Japan full system
Öhlins cartridge kit
Öhlins rear shock
Diamond rear sets
PC III + IG module + QS

I already flashed the ecu mainly to remove decel fuel cut off and to activate QS function. I will use a Cordona strain gauge sensor connected to Yoshi connector.

Now I need to take this bike to the same dyno where I had my other K5 dynoed.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,703 Posts
I don't recall you mentioning it before. Who makes your rear subframe?

Your early pics were on photobucket and I think were blocked at one time. But they're visible now. Have you subscribed or whatever so as to unblock them?

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
I don't recall you mentioning it before. Who makes your rear subframe?

Your early pics were on photobucket and I think were blocked at one time. But they're visible now. Have you subscribed or whatever so as to unblock them?
It's Motoholders subframe.

No I haven't, has photobucket changed their policy or something. Last time I checked the pics were blocked. :dunno
For the latest pics I'm using imgur.

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
We are again going to Kemora in week 21. Care to join us ? I might bring my dyno :)
It could be quite cold that time of the year but if the weather is good, maybe. :D

I'm going to a Baltic Championship race at Pärnu Auto24ring a week earlier. I need to finish a few races to be able to participate Imatranajo IRRC open 1000 class https://www.imatranajo.fi/content/en/2/10005/Home.html

·
Norway has assholes too.
143 Posts
It could be quite cold that time of the year but if the weather is good, maybe. :D

I'm going to a Baltic Championship race at Pärnu Auto24ring a week earlier. I need to finish a few races to be able to participate Imatranajo IRRC open 1000 class https://www.imatranajo.fi/content/en/2/10005/Home.html

We have had beautiful weather 7 of the 8 times I have been there in week 21.
I might stay for the Finnish championship at the end of that week....

81 - 100 of 107 Posts