Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Good swap =D . The bin is K7 or Busa with all the maps swapped? Did you do anything with the swingarm angle,looks like it has too much.
K7 bin. Angle is still the same. I have only done one race weekend + two track days with this bike and can't really say if there is something wrong with it.
I'll try to get some fast racer to test it. :lol

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I did this year's first td yesterday. The seat mod was very successful, I improved my personal best by 2s. :)
Also the ECU quickshifter worked well. Now I just need to paint the tail fairing and tank cover..

There were 11 crashes, luckily only one needed an ambulance ride...

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Here's a video I made with my phone. At this track I had some unintentional quickshifter cuts after the last left hand corner. I might change back to the Cordona sensor because I can adjust the sensitivity...

This was my 3rd TD this year and I had not been at this track for years.

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
^I gather that the clamp was cracking. Can you tell if they just used thicker material in the redesigned part?
I believe they only used different material.
"3. How are the new parts different?
The new clamps are made from a different grade of material which offers superior resistance to SCC and allows the clamps to exceed the tests and latest requirements."

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,703 Posts
It sounds like they may have been using 7075 T6 and have changed to either a different grade or a different heat treatment. See the paragraph entitled "7xxx Alloys Containing Copper" about 2/3 of the way down here.

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
It says on the box: "Clamps are CNC machined from 2014 T6 billet aluminium."
Tubes are 7010 T6. I returned the clip ons in original boxes so I can't check what grade was used in recalled items.

edit. I found this http://www.ukroadandrace.co.uk/renthal-clip-ons
"Fork Clamps machined from 7075 T-6 billet aluminium and anodised factory black"

edit 2. http://www.rcsperformanceonline.com/Vortex_Clip_Ons_p/vortex clip ons.htm
"CNC machined from 7075 T-6 aluminum"
We'll see if other manufactures will recall their products.

·
Registered
374 Posts
How is the IRC traction unit...I have just bought a Gripone S3 and IMU for my K5 which I'm to fit.

Do you use a piggyback fuel module like a PC3?

I use a Rapidbike 3 which connects to all 8 injectors and my Translogic QuickShifter is connected to it.

But now I'm not sure how to connect the GripOne...I may have to cut into the Rapidbike loom, but I don't want to do this as I will sell the unit when I fit my Yoshi cams and get the ECU directly programmed to sort AfR.

Also did you connect your Translogic sensor direct to the IRC? I will connect mine to the QS input of the GripOne but I was wondering how this worked for you.

Sorry for all the questions.

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
How is the IRC traction unit...I have just bought a Gripone S3 and IMU for my K5 which I'm to fit.
IRC has to wait until next year. I have trigger wheels ready and the unit installed but didn't have time to make sensor brackets etc.

Do you use a piggyback fuel module like a PC3?
Nope, ECU is fully remapped. I'm using K8 1000 electronics.

I use a Rapidbike 3 which connects to all 8 injectors and my Translogic QuickShifter is connected to it.

But now I'm not sure how to connect the GripOne...I may have to cut into the Rapidbike loom, but I don't want to do this as I will sell the unit when I fit my Yoshi cams and get the ECU directly programmed to sort AfR.

Also did you connect your Translogic sensor direct to the IRC? I will connect mine to the QS input of the GripOne but I was wondering how this worked for you.

Sorry for all the questions.
I would connect QS sensor directly to bike's harness. I have added (ECU flash needed) QS function to many K5-K6 1000s.
I'm also using ECU based QS and the sensor is connected to drive mode selector wire and ground connection.

·
Premium Member
73,384 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Just read whole thread, beautiful build, its a shame some of the earlier pictures aren't working.

What power figures are you getting from that work?

For the catch can if its not baffled, stuff it with the stainless steel scourers (not steel wool).

·
Norway has assholes too.
143 Posts
Here's a video I made with my phone. At this track I had some unintentional quickshifter cuts after the last left hand corner. I might change back to the Cordona sensor because I can adjust the sensitivity...

This was my 3rd TD this year and I had not been at this track for years.
Nice. I ride at Kemora every year, week 21. Nice track, nice camping and always good weather :)

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Just read whole thread, beautiful build, its a shame some of the earlier pictures aren't working.

What power figures are you getting from that work?

For the catch can if its not baffled, stuff it with the stainless steel scourers (not steel wool).
Stock motor K5-K6 1000 GSX-Rs with a full system and tune are ~160rwhp at this dyno.

61 - 80 of 107 Posts