Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...after months of preperation, my K5 is in the final stages of being complete.
I will take better pictures when it is sunny out so you can get the full effect but I think these will do for now. The very first stages start here:

I tore her down completely. Took Dropped the motor to get her prepped.
It took roughly 2 weeks to finish the motor cause i only had the weekends to tend to it.
The plastics are off and into the body shop to throw on some House of Kolors paint.
The wheels came off, as with the rearsets etc etc etc....you get the idea.
I wont go into what I went through with waiting on parts... from me getting some parts but not the rest to even attempt to put her back together.

Well also all my parts came and and I went to work....you just dont know how bad I wanted to get her on the road/track.
Here is the ALMOST finished product....hope you like. Please give your honest opinion/criticism...all is welcome.

She is equipped with:
House of Kolors Candy Brandy Wine Paint
Gilles Rearsets
GRP Steering dampner
Galfer Superbike Brakelines with Super HH pads (front and rear)
Galfer Wave Rotors (front)
Braking Wave Rotor (rear)
Carrozzeria V6 Race Wheels
TRE
TIFORCE Full Exhaust
PC3USB
BMC Air Filter
DID ERV3 Chain
AFAM Sprockets 44T/17T
520 Pitch
Yellowbox
Stompgrip
Phillips HID headlights
LED bulbs front/rear
Motor work (Ancient Chinese Secret Inside)
Still waiting on Gilles clipsons, Gilles chain adjusters w/lifts, Zerogravity DB

·
Registered
153 Posts
Very Very Very hot, im loving the paint combo i said i wasnt goign to paint this beast but damn if your not making me want to change my mind, I have always painted all of my zuk's Green lol thats very hot. Did you do all of the work yourself?

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Nice!! All that $$, and motor work with no suspension changes....

·
Registered
111 Posts
i have a question about the brakes if you dont mind...i love the idea of sbk brake likes with special pads, but what about the change; feel any difference? and the rear are standard from what it looks?
Thanks for the explanations!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have a question about the brakes if you dont mind...i love the idea of sbk brake likes with special pads, but what about the change; feel any difference? and the rear are standard from what it looks?
Thanks for the explanations!
actually the rear isnt standard...look closly its a Braking rear wave rotor with galfer lines.
As for the feel.....much more grabby..dont have to apply much to get her to slow down.
I cant really explain it but when i brake its more firm grab..if that makes any sense..well worth it

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Ok You just made me blow 5k that I've been holding. Nice bike and can we get some high res pictures of the beast.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Very cool...good job!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Very cool...good job! Ain't money grand?

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
Very nice Coldstreetz.

Not so sure about the grip tape on the fuel tank. Maybe looks better in person.

Do you already have plans for all the case covers on both sides of the motor and the swingarm/frame? Powder coat, plating or custom components?

Nice job though.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I like the color... I think its just way to much of that color. Maybe some different pics will change my mind but shit its like brandy overload! HAHAH Very nice job though.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Good work man, not 100% on the colour, i'd like to see it in person, but your building a quality machine. Any suspension modsto come?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts