Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Something doesn't looks right.

Redline is 13,500, why does it drop off 1K rpm early?

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
and it says max power at 160 and the line on the graph shows 175?????

Hmmmm.............that too.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
and it says max power at 160 and the line on the graph shows 175?????
yer looking at the torque curve, not the HP line

·
Registered
432 Posts
Very Nice!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you look at the suzukis specs :

Power 131 kW (178 HP) @ 11000rpm

Torque 121Nm @ 9000rpm

Suzuki didn't lie (11% loss)

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why do you think these are called correction factors ????
To compensate for air pressure, humidity, ...
To make two different dynos made in different environments comparable. That's the whole purpose of CORRECTION factors

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
still wondering why it drops off 1000 rpms early.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Why do you think these are called correction factors ????
To compensate for air pressure, humidity, ...
To make two different dynos made in different environments comparable. That's the whole purpose of CORRECTION factors
take your bike to a different dyno with a different dyno operator and i gaurantee you do not get the same exact results for better or worse. i really don't want to ruin your thread but if you want to discuss it feel free to pm me.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This thread is open for discussion. I don't have any hard feelings

I know this. If you have a decent operator it should't make much of a difference for the SAME dyno. As is this is the case.
Also did the dyno with the bike at it's normal operating conditions, as heating up the engine causes bhp losses.

That also the reason that I didn't take somewhere a dyno to compare with. It's on the same dyno compensated for weather conditions for THAT specific R1 of course. The result for that bike has also been reproducable on different days.

I have had my CBR600RR on the same dyno several times over a time span of 6 months in totally different conditions. Every single time the same result.

Comparing different runs on DIFFERENT dynomometers is something totally different. And should never be done

In a local magazine they did the comparison of the same bike on different dynos overhere. Well, there was a variance in dynos of more then 5%

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
They didnt run the bike to its redline, cause whats the point??? The bike is no longer making power, and is just going to keep going down. Dont need to push the bike anymore then u need to. U still get your max hp, and the curve of its power, once the power dies off on the graph, thats where u need to be setten the shift light at (about 10.5)

D

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
Just reading Suzukis gloosy sales brocher "Because the valves are signifficantly lighter, engine redline can be increased 1000RPM. To deal with the extra RPM, the crankshaft has been reinforced..........."
Not much point making the engine spin faster if its not making any power up there.
They did exactly the same thing to the 04750 and my 04750 mader power all the way to 13500RPM.
Seems to me there are a lot of gimmicks attached to this bike and there is no doubt for me it was allways going to be this way.
If the ZX came stock with a damper and not geared as tall as it is, that is the way I would have gone.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
They didnt run the bike to its redline, cause whats the point??? The bike is no longer making power, and is just going to keep going down. Dont need to push the bike anymore then u need to. U still get your max hp, and the curve of its power, once the power dies off on the graph, thats where u need to be setten the shift light at (about 10.5)

D
Yeah, but that doesn't make any sense. Why would Suzuki go to the trouble of increasing the rev ceiling by an extra 1K rpm if it falls on it's face regardless at 12,500, doesn't sound right.

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts

D
Yeah, but that doesn't make any sense. Why would Suzuki go to the trouble of increasing the rev ceiling by an extra 1K rpm if it falls on it's face regardless at 12,500, doesn't sound right.
All the runs I have seen are .....falling on their faces....... as you so quaintly put it at 10500RPM

With the exception of this one http://www.gixxer.com/ubbthreads/showfla...rue#Post1523001

Full sysrem is the way to go if you don`t want it to fall away so abruptly.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
Its called over-rev to allow you to hold a gear longer rather than lose time doing and upshift and then downshift. Helps in gearing a bike properly for some racetracks where there are odd lil sections where you don't want to have to shift.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Its called over-rev to allow you to hold a gear longer rather than lose time doing and upshift and then downshift. Helps in gearing a bike properly for some racetracks where there are odd lil sections where you don't want to have to shift.
You mean Suzuki built this bike for something other than dyno competitions??????? I don't believe you.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts