Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had issues with it since the beginning
(i have 1000 mi. on it) Making that noise when I start going, and in the last two weeks it shudders like hell when im braking to a stop. Brought it to the selling dealer, they looked at it and naturally it didnt act up then
. (thurs) so last night im riding home and this red light starts blinking, and "fi" where the temp should be
. it dies, it starts back up, rides for 100 yds. dies, and i coast.
this really hot little blond drives by staring at me and im wondering if she has a thing for stranded bikers.
then she turns around and i realize it is my girlfriend.
Nice. ride home. Fucking bike.
I almost hate this bike now.
Almost wish i had gotten the Hayabusa. WTF. Just got off the phone with my dealer, their coming to pick it up. Thats cool. I dont know, im bummed. not a huge deal, but i would like to go on a long road trip and not worry. anyway i'll let you guys know what was wrong. Later.

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
Leave it parked on the side of the road. You should never see it again (at least that's how it works around here.)

(j/k, good luck with it.)

·
Premium Member
73,384 Posts
give it to me, i will take it off your hands...

·
Registered
301 Posts
That sucks. Make the dealer fix it, or take it to another one for warranty service. Might be something simple to fix. You coulda got a bad Busa too. I had a Bus, and the K5 is more fun to ride.

·
Registered
321 Posts
What I hate about this is that there seems to be more and more of these stories more frequent than ever when it comes to suzuki's. Not to knock the Suzuki as I have one also, but they just don't seem to be put together with much quality these days...Also, it seems that many DEALERS these days don't care much about customer service. I would get to a dealer who won't to help you as your warranty works at any retail suzuki dealer.

·
Banned
14,060 Posts
Ive had issues with it since the beginning
(i have 1000 mi. on it) Making that noise when I start going, and in the last two weeks it shudders like hell when im braking to a stop. Brought it to the selling dealer, they looked at it and naturally it didnt act up then
. (thurs) so last night im riding home and this red light starts blinking, and "fi" where the temp should be
. it dies, it starts back up, rides for 100 yds. dies, and i coast.
this really hot little blond drives by staring at me and im wondering if she has a thing for stranded bikers.
then she turns around and i realize it is my girlfriend.
Nice. ride home. Fucking bike.
I almost hate this bike now.
Almost wish i had gotten the Hayabusa. WTF. Just got off the phone with my dealer, their coming to pick it up. Thats cool. I dont know, im bummed. not a huge deal, but i would like to go on a long road trip and not worry. anyway i'll let you guys know what was wrong. Later.
I do not know if it just a Suzuki thing. When I had my Honda RR service was beyond pathetic. With my Ninja service was not than much better.

From what I have seen and this is only my opinion. It seems very hard to find highly skilled, highly trained mechanics at the dealers that really care. Most of the hard core mechanics are at the non dealer race shops. I do not know if it is a salary issues as I tend to see many younger people working at the while at the race shops it is usually guys with time on that work there.

As for the quality of the new bikes including Suzuki I think we need to take into consideration the power these motors are making and technology required to make it happen. Dual injection EFI, 13000 + redline, high HP on pump gas and all that in a light compact package that handles decent and can be ridden in traffic without overheating is quite an accomplishment considering.

The more electronic bikes become the higher the chance of failures. Just like to the auto industry, even after years of producing the same exact car they still experience failures.

I agree that service at the dealers is very frustrating and needs to be improved greatly but I do not see anything changing any time soon. It has gotten so bad I will not take my bike to the dealer unless it is a warranty issue. I do all my own wrenching.

Sorry to hear you are having issues I hope you get it resolved without missing much ride time.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Perfect post rraiderr.
I couldn't have put it better myself!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, that does put it in some perspective. These are extremely high strung machines, being worked on by seemingly sometimes less than diligent techs. I must learn more to not have to rely on shops for basic shit.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Put the bike into dealer mode and find out what is wrong. What is so hard about that?

Look up the FI code and then get the dealer to fix it under warranty. Or if it is just an adjustment, do it yourself to avoid downtime.

Warranty? I see warranty only as free parts. I take responsibility for the maintenance of my bike from day one. Any machine that needs to be maintained to aircraft standards should be babied.

Learn more about the FI system and be more (I hate this word) proactive. Imagine rolling the bike into the dealer and TELLIng them waht is wring with it and to fix it right the first time. Dealers don't mess with people that know what they are talking about.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Sorry to hear. My bike has never ever given me any issues in two years. Nothing fell off and the bike has not had the first service either.

·
Registered
941 Posts
sorry to hear about you problem with your new K5.....

Glad I got the K4, all the bugs are worked out and its running great....!!!!!

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
sorry to hear about you problem with your new K5.....

Glad I got the K4, all the bugs are worked out and its running great....!!!!!
rraiderr, very good my friend you called it like it is...

Not a thing wrong with my K5. So far strong and working perfectly. Same with my K2 750 went 13,500 miles strong without a single incident until it got stolen.

I love Suzuki they build great machines.

·
Registered
382 Posts
rraiderr- +1, excellent post, rings very true.

I actually want to thank all the (shitty) dealers & service depts in my area. I know this sounds weird but after a long time of frustration, and finally figuring out that these guys do not care about my machine I took it upon myself to start buying service manuals and good tools. Basically the shitty service "forced" me to learn as much about bikes as possible on my own so that I never have to rely on them again. Even found a great, small mom & pop auto place that very carefully (no scratches!!) changes my tires for me for much less than the dealer and better work (off the bike).

As stated, unless it's a warranty issue or I feel overwhelmed by the project I'll wrench on it myself. I wouldn't let those idiots change my oil anymore. All the horror stories, and personally witnessing friends bringing their bikes home and finding rags on the engine (behind the fairings) finally did it for me. I can't believe they've been getting away with this shit for so long and the money they charge on top of everything was just the final straw.

Hope you get your issue resolved, please post up once you know what the problem is and how the dealer handled it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts