Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to send as a link but dial up would take a bit to post. Allthough pics are resized. Its not finsished but here are some intial ones. This bike has been the best bike I have ever owned and no regrets. Many mods, engine, body etc. I'm 45 and have had a few bikes and been riding many, many years this is the first bike i have not had the urge not one year but four years running not to want trade up for the latest and greatest. I realize my riding preference is prolly in the 10% zone of most 1k owners here, but were all 1k owners and its been enjoyable albeit time consuming to personfy my 1k to my likeing.

http://www.labusas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=66495

Rick

·
Limpy McTinydick, wants to be a French Canadian
3,941 Posts
what do i need to change my tail to a 03 like that?
do i need the 03 sub frame?
looks good man.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The shop did make some new holes in the existing sub frame and I had already cut off the rear part of the sub frame since it was a solo seat. I was able to retain my stock battery location. I know their was some trimming on the hot bodies solo tail. I took it too a bodyshop and honestly could not tell you all the steps. The 03 subframe would require some modfication and welding. We looked at going that route. It would not be a straight bolt on. I know a few years back someone here did and had detailed steps. You would have to do a search and go back to 03. The post was specific to 03 tail being put on a 01 1k

Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts