Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have the akra evo 2 system, bmc and pc3 on my bike and i had it mapped and i came out with 109hp to the wheels. the bike stock was 101. but the thing is i thought i would get atlest 10-15 hp with the mods. do i need to get it mapped again or what??

·
Registered
941 Posts
I got an 8 HP gain with my HMF full exhaust on my 04 1K. So for you to walk away with an 8 HP gain on a 600, thats really good....Don't believe all the hype about what the manufacturer tells you, you will gain, cuz its all B.S. Spend enough time around a dyno and you'll see what I mean....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey man thx for the post. i know its a good gain but i have see better gains on the same system. i guess its time for some stacks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ive got the same black and orange 600. ive got the yosh trs full system and a bmc, i have noticed a drastic difference in the power i can pretty much stand up the front at will in 1st gear whereas before it wouldnt even bounce. so i know ive gained some good torque, but where can i get a dyno done at. performance wise thats all ive done ive been looking at stacks but havent decided on any yet.

·
Registered
160 Posts
ive got the same black and orange 600. ive got the yosh trs full system and a bmc, i have noticed a drastic difference in the power i can pretty much stand up the front at will in 1st gear whereas before it wouldnt even bounce. so i know ive gained some good torque, but where can i get a dyno done at. performance wise thats all ive done ive been looking at stacks but havent decided on any yet.
Did you put on a pc also? i've read about the low power gains that todays fuel injected bikes get from such expensive mods and i've been hesitant to spend that kinda cash for 8-10 hp. im thinking i might just buy a slip on and an air filter or something. Any advice?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well in san diego i got my bike tuned at lee cycle on aero drive off the I-15

·
Registered
941 Posts
go to dynojet.com and find a dealer in your area that has a dyno and then do some asking about the different dynos. Se who gets the most respect from people and stay away from the ones with a bad reputation....

It's usually around 50.00 to get a baseline done. 250.00 for a custom map. My dyno shop did the baseline and then offered to take that 50.00 off if I came back in for a custom map. Thats what I ended up doing...Man, I'm telling you a PC with a custom map can get you some good HP and give you piece of mind that your bike is running the absolute best that it can with the mods you have. You'll also get better gas milage out of the bike....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts