Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My gsxr just wont start, the pump wont prime and the cluster light turns on but the number dont appear plus the revs is blocked at 1000rpm, any ideas please?

Enviado desde mi Redmi 4X mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I checked the fuses and theyre all fine, it all started when I turned on the bike and I put up the leg and it suddenly stalled, the cluster went blank and it just wouldnt start again!

·
Registered
9 Posts
you have to remove your left fairing otherwise you wont be able to access it (i think its a 16 pin connector, on the left from regulator but u wont see it unless u remove your left fairing)

TYPE "Speedo/Tach not working – 2007 Suzuki GSXR 600" in google, 1st link there are pictures included (i cant add pics here) clean that connetor and let us know if its working

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great Ill try out tomorrow morning, Im writting from Spain and its too late now! Fingers crossed, you think this issue would prevent the bike from priming the fuel pump and thus starting up?
you have to remove your left fairing otherwise you wont be able to access it (i think its a 16 pin connector, on the left from regulator but u wont see it unless u remove your left fairing)

TYPE "Speedo/Tach not working – 2007 Suzuki GSXR 600" in google, 1st link there are pictures included (i cant add pics here) clean that connetor and let us know if its working

·
Registered
9 Posts
ye i think so, also if cleaning that connector doesnt help next step would be checking your kill switch then fuel pump relay, dont forget to post if you get it fixed :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well Im right at it, this is what I found, not that bad Id say
ye i think so, also if cleaning that connector doesnt help next step would be checking your kill switch then fuel pump relay, dont forget to post if you get it fixed :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also checked by changing the fuses just in case, I noticed the main fuse, the one just above the ecu has a 20a fuse but a 30a reserve, I seem to remember it should be a 30a one, am I right? Does someone know? Next step is cheking the relay in charge of the clutch and the "leg" (dont know how its called in English) microswitches.

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
I can only imagine America and Europe are the same. As for using a 20A instead of a 30A could lead to the fuse blowing. Using a smaller amp I would think is not nearly as risky as using a higher amp fuse than is required, say 15A or 20A instead of a 10A.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It still isnt blown, but still Ill make it right
I can only imagine America and Europe are the same. As for using a 20A instead of a 30A could lead to the fuse blowing. Using a smaller amp I would think is not nearly as risky as using a higher amp fuse than is required, say 15A or 20A instead of a 10A.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well tested the side stand relay and its fine, I surrender, Ill be taking it to the shop and see what they have to say

1 - 15 of 15 Posts