Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #41
Well, way too much expensive for me.
You need caliper adapter for Brembo. Check my first photo.
You need the 999 2003-2006 caliper or at least those looking exactly like this.
That kit I just checked is 拢1075 comes with the forged monoblock calipers and adapters and gold centred brembo discs I'll look in to the Ducati option as will be much cheaper

Registered
Discussion Starter #42
I understand, that is why at the end I got the 600. Got it cheap so if i badly crash, I will just keep the spare parts.
Keep in mind this. When you go on the track for fun( lapping), it s not a race. You cant compare yourself with any bike on the track ,there is so many different setup and rider experience.
When I do trackdays, I use my lap timer and try to beat my time, that s it.

I have seen so many people trying to catch someone else and finally going too fast and doing mistakes. I have been a track marshall for 4 years, I know what I am saying.
Yeah that's one of the reasons I never did one with my mates a few years back when we all used to go out on the road and it used to get silly I consider myself a fast road rider not the fastest there is always someone faster I had a couple offs on a gixxer 1000 k5 I used to have and that calmed me down to be honest. I would like to do a track day probably will look into it next year as I have a tatty old zx6r I just got dirt cheap so not too bothered about it but yeah i will only do it for fun i wont be racing

Registered
Discussion Starter #45
I would imagine riding on track for the 1st time takes a bit of getting used to as you got the whole width of the track while on the road you only have your lane. How many track days have you done?

Registered
Adapters , there was a website鈥 cant remember, you have to dig for it.
Yeah the others can be find on eBay鈥︹
Just got 2 seals kit from Power house UK, check website. Good seller.

Registered
How many track days鈥︹︹.. I dont count but let say 3 per year minimum since 2001, plus my time spent working at track.
I have seen where fast riders roll off and on ,...鈥 been learning just watching them.

Dont worry about how wide it is. There is 1 line to follow, it s easier.

Registered
My goal with my 1000 is to keep it up to date so i m trying to remove as much weight I can including titanium bolts, carbon parts鈥︹ and after the bored job. It will be as fast as a brand new bike 20 years later.

Registered
I wouldn't bother changing the calipers save the money for the suspension, bleed the brakes, master brake cylinder from brembo and change the lines to braided, EBC pads, great improvement on the toxikos and front feeling when braking. Unless you're thinking of tracking the bike, you won't get brake fade when riding on the road.

My K1 I've changed the indicators to L.E.D, tail tidy, full yoshimura exhaust system, Hel braided lines front and rear, brembo master cylinder front, K&N Air Filter, K&N oil filter, Power Commander V, swapped out the fairings as the oem ones were looking worn and dated, lithium ion battery, Samco Hoses, heel plates and chain guard is custom made, double bubble screen, and anything else that needs doing periodically such as chain and sprockets and fluids.

Suzuki GSXR K1 1000, only bike I would compare it to would be the Honda blade 954 around that era, decimated every superbike at that time, for pure fun and enjoyment, massively revvy, great all the way through the
range, loads of room to jump around on, and so easy to work on compared to modern bikes.

Registered
Discussion Starter #55
Already got the brembo corsa corta front brake master cylinder brand new still in the box lol havent got round to fitting it yet as I need to get different brake lines already have braided lines but need ones with the 90掳 banjo connectors to fit the brembo m/c was only changing the calipers as they look cool also they are loads better just wanna trick it up my forks already have k-tec internals.

You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
Can't help you if you want BREMBO lettering on the caliper but see this among others about the K9 monoblock calipers. They're supposed to be superior to the M50. But you need a 17 mm M/C. You'll have to check but I think that they'll bolt on.

Registered
Discussion Starter #57
Not just cos of the bling lol I used to have an aprilia rsvr that had brembo standard and have never ridden anything else with as good of a front brake than that by a long way. K9 has radial calipers I got.a k1 mate also already got brembo corsa corta m/c 馃憤

41 - 59 of 59 Posts