Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Mods are akrapovic titanium can with k2 link pipe with valve removed k&n air filter pc3 and healtech gear indicator with tre. Gilles rearsets carbon front mud guard undertray with led rear light flush mount led indicators crash bungs all round side fairing and rear seat hump have been hydro dipped to look like carbon fibre red r stickers and 1000 stickers removed and replaced with flo yellow and stainless steel rad and oil cooler covers that I made at work.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers yeah just had wheels resprayed but looked a bit plain so thought I'd jazz it up a bit had them painted cos person that had it before me had them mirror polished which In my opinion looked fucking gay! 馃え

You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
The muffler looks shortened. Is it?
What is "hydro dipped to look like carbon fibre"?
If the wheels were previously fully polished, I'm inclined to agree with you.
You seemed to be in the process of adding Akrapovic reservoir socks as they're not in all pics.
In the US there are requirements for how far apart the turn signal indicators must be. Not so in the UK?

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Hi yeah the muffler is shortened it was like that when I got it I wouldn't of done it personally but it sounds good and runs sweet so thought I'd leave it yeah the indicators do have to be a certain distance apart here and they are within the requirements I'm not keen on the rear ones but the person that had it before me fitted them if I remove them I will have 2 holes left which would bug me really bad as I'm so so fussy lol. I only removed the socks to wash the bike.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Hydro dipping is where they prep the panel as they would for painting then its dipped in a tank of water with a pattern of your choice doesn't have to look like carbon fibre and then its sprayed with clear lacquer. If you go on YouTube it's on there it looks the nuts!

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
You seemed to be in the process of adding Akrapovic reservoir socks as they're not in all pics.
In the US there are requirements for how far apart the turn signal indicators must be. Not so in the UK?
before I had the wheels done

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
close up of the hydro dip

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
View attachment 569419

Registered
Discussion Starter #11

I haven't gotten to youtube yet but I see hydro dipping described here. Interesting process.

In the US the rear signals must be at least 9 inches apart c-c (simplified version of regs). That's why the K5/K6 tail is so wide. Either I'm missing something or you don't have rear indicators or they're integrated into the tail/stop light.

I did it mainly to save weight but I've replaced nearly every externally visible bolt with titanium on my K6. The finish on many were starting to degrade. I worked on it off and on for 3+ years.

P.S. I checked my records and it was more like 9 years.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
The rear indicators are on either side of the tail unit I used to have a k5 spent loads on it was an amazing bike
rear indicators

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
I haven't gotten to youtube yet but I see hydro dipping described here. Interesting process.

In the US the rear signals must be at least 9 inches apart c-c (simplified version of regs). That's why the K5/K6 tail is so wide. Either I'm missing something or you don't have rear indicators or they're integrated into the tail/stop light.

I did it mainly to save weight but I've replaced nearly every externally visible bolt with titanium on my K6. The finish on many were starting to degrade. I worked on it off and on for 3+ years.
View attachment 569422
this was my k5

Registered
Discussion Starter #17

Have you got any pics of your k6?

^This was it around 2013. You can see the R77, Brembo rear caliper, ceramic front rotors, K9 front calipers, and BST wheels. I've since added Ohlins NIX 30 mm cartridges and switched from a 19RCS to a 17RCS. There are numerous other minor changes like removing the Yoshimura badge.

There's a guy who's started making titanium caliper pistons. I think that will be next. I'm interested in a ceramic rear rotor but that's difficult.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
^This was it around 2013. You can see the R77, Brembo rear caliper, ceramic front rotors, K9 front calipers, and BST wheels. I've since added Ohlins NIX 30 mm cartridges and switched from a 19RCS to a 17RCS. There are numerous other minor changes like removing the Yoshimura emblem.

There's a guy who's started making titanium caliper pistons. I think that will be next. I'm interested in a ceramic rear rotor but
^This was it around 2013. You can see the R77, Brembo rear caliper, ceramic front rotors, K9 front calipers, and BST wheels. I've since added Ohlins NIX 30 mm cartridges and switched from a 19RCS to a 17RCS. There are numerous other minor changes like removing the Yoshimura badge.

There's a guy who's started making titanium caliper pistons. I think that will be next. I'm interested in a ceramic rear rotor but that's difficult.
That is a wicked bike man loads of goodies on it the k5 k6 is my favourite bike of all time I've ridden a few newer bikes like the 2010 r1 but in my opinion it didn't compare to the k5 I had. That's wicked. 馃憣馃憤

1 - 20 of 59 Posts