Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought this 750G 2 months ago, replaced the fork seals no problem and set about to start fixing up the body work.
Plastic welding, spot and gloss putty for the nicks, sanded it all down and started primering and painting. Now I'm so close to being finished but have lost the drive.. I am frigging sick of sanding-painting...
Guys I need some inspiration!!! Help me out!! Its so close to being done... blah

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
You want insperation I got yer inspiration, try this, I have a 92 1100 wearing a 89 750 swing arm, now I am having to a custom piece made from billet to mount a showa shock off an srad, I just got my TL1000R tail section that I need to mount, with the upper and lower still to come, and I am going to have to run new wiring for my lights...and I am going to try and install a 6spd tranny off a 92 750, and I still have to paint the new body work, and you're tired of painting, sheesh.....

Karl
at least yours is rideable
isnt modding bikes fun

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I just mounted my new water cooler instrument cluster tonight. The SRAD tail and 1100 swing arm and shock are next. I've already got the 1100 bacj wheel. I'm also thinking about a 180/55 for it too.

·
Banned
982 Posts
I paint motorcycles for a living..So,who You telling!!

Just think of the out come,Sanding with 220/320grit,then primering,then sand with 600grit,then paint and clear,then sand with 1500 grit,then buff,then sand with 2000grit,then buff!!!!
"Fuck that..I quite!
"

·
Registered
437 Posts
Some people plod through big projects, some people race through them. Different personality types work differently (is that redundant or what?). It's much easier to do work during the rain instead of when it's sunny outside and you wanna ride really bad. Keep making progress, keep the finished picture of the bike in your head, think of all the wheelies you'll do or all the tickets you'll get or whatever....

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
I sympathize but you sound so close to completion. the paint shop that did my 7/11 fender last week turned it around in 2 days, but it sounds as though you're doin' it yourself. Maybe if you keep at least one bike ridable it might take the pain out of the project. I had my RG apart from July of last year until this mid-May. The 7/11 was SO far back on the burner in wasn't funny. All winter long when I'd get a few free minutes to maybe try to work on it the garage would be at something like 10 degrees(not celcius either). Compared to the RG the GPz is a moped so it didn't take the sting out of the down time. Now I fiddle with the 7/11 when I have the time and if I can't find a motor 'til next year so be it. The RG does fine...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts