Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IT ONLY TOOK ME UNTIL I WAS 32 TO GET MY GARAGE LOOKING THIS WAY..........OH YEAH, AND 1 DIVORCE, OH YEAH, AND A PISSED OFF SECOND WIFE. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY....... SHE'LL GET OVER IT!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Yeah, but they always bring up the subject of all your toys whenever you do something wrong..!!

Nice collection by the way, great to see a matching 750 and 1100 from '86.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
isnt that the truth. or how about........i donthave any hobbies. why do you get to have all of the fun?
uuhhh..........cause im the guy!!!!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Or you could just tell her ..you have the whole friggin house ,backyard ,and front yard ,,,, and all i ask for is the garage .... if you want we can switch and i'll take the house and you can have the garage ...then move all the bikes into the house ..hahhahahhaha

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
nice collection...the naked one looks to be early 90's (pre h2o)....which is you r favorite, if you HAD TO make a choice (say ditch the others....)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Originally posted by eSeMeS750WX:
the naked one looks to be early 90's (pre h2o).
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">sorry dude, that is an 86 1100(I would know
)

BTW, if you sold the new 750, you could add some more a/o bikes

[ 06-21-2002, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: karl_1052 ]

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well the new 750 is ass pucker fast (especially with all the work i have into it), but there is nothing like the looks you get from those who remember what an oil cooled gixxer is (the true gixxer crowd). you want to talk about a crowd gathering everywhere you stop.

i would have to say the 86 11 is not going anywhere anytime soon.

after all the mods........she is going to be badazzzz.

some day she'll look like this again (only better)!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Oldskool86, that's a fine lookin bike on the far right. Looks kinda familiar though...
And your right about all the looks and comments on the older bikes. It's amazing to see some of the people do doubletakes when they see this old beauty.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here's one for the race crowd!
Its an 11/7! 86 1100 chassis with a breathed on 750 now equalling 955cc's.
She's been a bunch of work but well worth it!
Rich
WMRRA & OMRRA Expert #62, sTTars #62x
ZLOCK built: "Beastly" 86 GSXR 955 SB Roadracer
Gast engined: "Wicked" 74 H1R Roadracer
Close to stock: 97 VFR750 My main street squeeze

P.S. If anyone knows where to find the opposite Yosh airbox duct let me know! It blew off on a trek back from the track.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey, looks like you had to relocate your battery. where did you put it??!! i need to relocate mine (due to the braced swingarm) and i cant figure out where. bike looks sweet

·
Registered
31 Posts
That does look good, wish I could swing the USD forks/front end for mine.

Oldskool, only places I can think of is either get a sealed smaller batt and see if it fits in the stock airbox location, which would be ideal as far as weight distribution or I'll bet one would fit in the tailsection like rd's. Or if you could indeed find a smaller unit, maybe it would fit on it's side under the seat. Not a whole lot of room thats for sure.

By the way, thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Originally posted by oldskool86:
battery. where did you put it
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I don't know where he put it, but I've put mine under de tank where the airbox used to live.

The ignition and other electrics fit nicely in the space behind the battery.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey nice job. that looks awesome!! i am all over that. is that the stock battery, or did you have to buy a shorter one?

·
Registered
36 Posts
On the pics it's with the stock battery but after a year I changed it to a smaller maintenance-free battery.
But the stock item fits perfectly so you don't have to change it, but DO NOT forget to fit the overflow hose ... I did and my bike was covered in battery acid 'cause it's tilted backwards a little and I pull a lot of wheelies. But with the hose on it's no problem.
Best to let the hose end in a small can or something.

·
Registered
269 Posts
oldskool, very nice, I'm jealous. What amazes me is how many '86s and some '87 750s keep showing up that are completely stock! How could anyone ride em that long with that gawd aweful stock exhaust and airbox???? I don't think I ever met anyone around here that let theirs leave the showroom with the stock stuff on there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ehjoy the space while you got it, it never seems to last, more and more stuff gets dragged in there and before you know it, it is gone. Looks good.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Originally posted by oldskool86:
hey, looks like you had to relocate your battery. where did you put it??!! i need to relocate mine (due to the braced swingarm) and i cant figure out where. bike looks sweet
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I put mine under the tank also. OS have you tried taking off the starter (& gear) and the alternator (install shaved oil pump gear). Huge power increase I went as far as a 10 cell RC battery pack got about 20 min of run time before I had to recharge. But I put it all back on beacuse chicks don't dig it when you got to push start your bike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts