Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On october 1st, I had my free track day with NESBA. Here is the report (I know this report is a little late, sorry about that).

The weekend started out a little stressful for me. I hadn't received confirmation of my date till the night before, so I was a little worried that I might have problems getting onto the track. Luckily bmfgsxr got everything sorted for me and I was able to go.

The track I go to is Pocono raceway. Its about 2 hours away from where I live. We got there around 7:30 to be greeted by coldest dampest morning all season. It was freezing. No one wanted to ever get out of their trucks. Everyone was huddled inside. Because of the cold/wet conditions, we'd didn't get to go on the track till around noonish. They had cars running on the track for about 45 minutes so see if they could make a dry line.

Around 12:30 I got on the track for the first time of the day. I was so cold that my legs were shivering uncontrollably. For the first two sessions of the day, I took it SUPER easy. I wasn't going down in the morning, just because everything seems to hurt more when you're cold.

After a few sessions, something miraculous happened. The sun came out! Finally we were able to pick up the pace. The air temp was up, and I was feeling good. I had a lot of fun and few good "battles"(well as much of a battle as you can have at track day).

Unfortunately, and I'm guessing it was because of the conditions, people were falling all over the place. I counted no less than 7 get-off's, including one of the craziest high-sides I've ever seen. I even had a control rider go down in front of me :eek:hmy . Luckily I was able to keep it upright.

Special thanks to the guys at NESBA for hooking me up, the cool control riders there, and of course bmfgsxr(and the whole gixxer.com family).

Here's the only pic I got of me. its not very good because it was taken during my first couple of sessions.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.