Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first Gixxer........What fit\'s????

I bough a 92' gixxer 11(today!!!) It was layed down on the left side very light and now I'm on the hunt for parts. I need the rear set, gauges and arear seat. What years will fit mine?? Will 750 stuff fit also?? Oh ya, it's a Canadian model.

Cheers
Ry

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Re: My first Gixxer........What fit\'s????

I have a set of 91 gauges (good shape, no mount) and the peg brackets and pegs no shifter or brake lever. I also have a solo tail and corbin seat.

For the rearsets 88-92 750 and 89-92 1100 interchange
Gauges work from 89-92 1100 (750 tach has to high a redline)
tail from 91-92 750 and 1100 will work.
Bones

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Can I heat the bracket and shifter and bend them back?????? Somebody said that it should work.

Bones....Are the gauges you got in kph?

·
Registered
3,895 Posts

I've got the mount for the gauges with the idiot-light cluster (bulb sockets included, but no wiring harness). You should be OK bending back the levers as long as you don't have any cracks in them.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts

MPH with the small KPH under them. We Americans never caught on to all that metric junk. I'd like a KPH speedo for my 90 just to be different.
Bones

·
Registered
3,895 Posts

You can always go to a sigma... I gave up the speedo-drive on mine when I went to new-gen wheels so I kinda hadda use the sigma, but it looks trick in the new dash I made:

The only criticism I have for the sigma is that it's not backlit. (note the LED pointing up from the bottom of the mount for the sigma). ANYway, the BC 1200 has settings for two different vehicles... when I cross the border, it's just a matter of changing the setting to get KPH indicated instead of MPH. Ain't technology grand?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

That is the way I want to go. Will it pass safety?? It's going to be a fighter anyways so ugly stock gauges have to go, or atleast untill it's safetied.

Did you mount the tach to the ignition????

Cheers

[ 11-17-2002, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: fightin-ry ]

·
Registered
3,895 Posts

WA state doesn't have an annual safety-inspection like a lot of states do... you just get an extra citation when ya get pulled for speeding if the man sees something he doesn't like. I cannot imagine why it wouldn't be legal with the Sigma... it *will* affect your title info regarding the accuracy of the odometer... the sigma has an accurate odo that's programmable, but it'd be *way* easy to back off 10 or 20K miles when it comes time to sell.

As for the mount... vibration tends to kill electronics, and I did this in the first place to avoid spending a bizillion dollars on one of those trick SPA speedo-tach combo units. I preserved the OEM rubber-isolation mounting... here's some more detailed pics:

it's not a great photo, but here's kinda what it looks like at night all lit-up:

The big knob in the detail photos is the controller for my heated grips. ...and of course, I have an engineering-consultant to help me figure out all of these things:

I spent hours and hours building this thing, and most of the time went into the LED-idiot-light array. I'm happy with how it turned out, but if I had it to do all over, I dunno that I woulda started this project knowing how much time and effort it was gonna take.

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts

Jacki, what is the clutch master cylinder tht you are using? Thanks. Troy341

·
Registered
3,895 Posts

Originally posted by 341:
Jacki, what is the clutch master cylinder tht you are using? Thanks. Troy341
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It's off an early ZX-7 (`91 I think)... I got the idea from the "oldskool" project that Mr. G is doing. I picked it up on eBay (of course). The clutch lever from the suz cyl will work, but it's not an exact fit. I went ahead and got the zx-7 lever as well so I can have the nifty dial-adjuster like on the brake lever.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

The dash looks the bizz!!!! I was going to do something like that to my RZ fighter but a buddy tryed to make a brake light with led and failed. I think I'll stay away from them, looks too much like work. When I fighter it, all I need is sigma, tach and oil temp, very basic. I found this write up for the speedo http://www.geocities.com/todius7/Sigma/sigma.html Is this what you did to rig it?

Nice cat house, mine just lays across the tank and leaving paw prints all over the dam bike. I can't complain, no mice in two years.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts

Originally posted by fightin-ry:
The dash looks the bizz!!!! I was going to do something like that to my RZ fighter but a buddy tryed to make a brake light with led and failed. I think I'll stay away from them, looks too much like work. When I fighter it, all I need is sigma, tach and oil temp, very basic. I found this write up for the speedo http://www.geocities.com/todius7/Sigma/sigma.html Is this what you did to rig it?

Nice cat house, mine just lays across the tank and leaving paw prints all over the dam bike. I can't complain, no mice in two years.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yup, that's the basic unit. I got the BC1200 because they were on sale at my local bicycle shop. I also added a connector in mine for removal/reinstallation of the dash pod with minimal muss/fuss and I added an illumination LED because I ride in the dark quite often.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts