Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So almost 2 weeks ago (January 24) I placed an order to Sprocket Center for a Superlite sprocket and chain kit. A couple days later I get a call from them informing me that my size rear sprocket was out of stock (44 tooth) and after a few minutes of thinking about it I decided to go a size bigger and get the 45t that was in stock. No big deal. 3 days later the box is at my door and I couldn't be happier so I put the bike on the stands and went to work. Got the chain and rear sprocket on with ease but when I went to install the front sprocket I quickly realized that this is not the right sprocket for my bike. So I just put the old one back on being that they were the same tooth size anyways. At this point I am questioning this company. The next day I call them up and explain the situation and the gentleman on the phone was very reasonable and said he will send the right one out immediately with a paid return envelope for the old one. Now I am a little frustrated but frustration will not solve my problem. 3 days later I get the package and quickly open it. What do i find? A SunStar sprocket. Not the Superlite that I ordered. In a frantic rage I throw it back in the box and storm off. The next day during business hours I call them right up. Tell the guy my last name for the order information and he remembered just who I was. I explain the situation and he tells me "We are out of stock on the superlite for your bike so we sent a different brand as a replacement." I went on to tell him that we both could have saved 3 days of our time by just calling me to tell me whats going on. I mean if I order a gsxr1000 are you going to send me a gsxr600 because you are out of stock on the 1000's? No. I kept my tone calm because I know its not his fault he is just who answers the phone. After a little negotiating he is going to credit me $10 for my inconvenience and I am going to return the old sprocket in the return envelope I was given and I will keep the SunStar because the superlites will not be back in stock for 8 weeks. Never again will I use this company.

·
Premium Member
18,689 Posts
We have superlight Driven and Vortex in stock. Hit us up if you want a chain kit. 165 shipped with most ek mvxz chains. Just let me know, but no reason to settle.

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts

·
Banned
16 Posts
Eddie,

When we last spoke to resolve this issue you seemed satisfied with the end result.
I'm not just a guy on the phone. I am the owner, so I take things like this seriously. I want you to be happy with your purchase from us.

On rare occasions we may substitute a similar quality part of equal or more value. We always try to contact the customer before doing this. I again apologize this didn't happen in your case.

Just to clarify for folks, the part was a SUPERLITE brand front sprocket.
This is not the same as a "superlight" Driven brand or Vortex brand sprocket mentioned on this thread by someone else.

Chad
Sprocket Center

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
I've allowed sprocket center to reply to.the thread but they are no longer a site vendor and as such if you need anything else from them contact them via email or other means :cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts