Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't remember feeling a difference in engine braking after doing a PAIR mod on mine.

I did not use the block off plates, just connected the valves to each other.

·
Premium Member
5,994 Posts
I've always used block off plates and gutted it all, static non electrical, never noticed any difference at all.. no extra power nothing, all it did was tame the backfiring when I went full system, eventually went back to stock and left pair off..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yeah its weird ,i never thought that would be the cause of it all , i have been riding it now for awhile since i posted this thread. in the mean time i adjusted the clutch and man its a rocket again !
the only thing i am having now is stuttering at lower rpm , idle is slightly hunting and jerky throttle. took out the injectors and cleaned them out yesterday. but he at least the bike is ride able now.

stuff like these keeps you busy. winter is peaking around the corner so the season is over !

·
Premium Member
5,994 Posts
yea check all your vacuum lines so forth, boots make sure there are no air leaks, you might wanna add the block off plates to seal that area up?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You mean to block the pair valves again to see what it does ? definitely gonna check for air leaks. yeah i am gonna synchronize the throttle bodies soon and in the winter time gonna check the valve clearance.

·
Registered
642 Posts
The PAIR only introduces air into the exhaust port in the head. That's it via Venturri vacuum.
If you put the crankcase breather directly to the pair reed valves, it's about an extra 5peak HP- dyno-able too.
Engine braking is usually the MAP settings in the ECU?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts